• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Order by Open Date
If using MobileSheets for practicing pieces, not performing, it would be very useful if "Last Open Date" would be stored and than used for ordering.

It could be useful for a "New pieces" setlist, if you are working on several new pieces, but especially for "Maintaining repertoire" setlists. You open a setlist and see which piece is neglected and on which you have worked recently.

It would just get one single new data field in the database and would not increase data volume a lot, I think. "Recently opened files" is a standard feature for almost any application. In my opinion it's a must have.

---

[This functionality could be increased further, but would mean a lot of work and new data fields.
You could store all dates of document opening and even how long it was opened. Than queries like "How long I worked on a piece X/setlist Y in the last month". And so on. It would be a practicing log. Maybe you could even track short commentaries and than later see a complete practice history of a piece (Day 1: Worked 20 min. on bars 1-4, problems with dynamics, Day 2: ..)
For me it would be not realy essential but very nice to have and maybe also interesting for other users, who use MobileSheets for practicing and not performing. But it would be very difficult to implement. And it should definitely be optional - "Advanced Usage Tracking - yes/no" for people who would like to keep the database minimal. ]
(12-14-2021, 05:27 PM)bwv543 Wrote: If using MobileSheets for practicing pieces, not performing, it would be very useful if "Last Open Date" would be stored and than used for ordering.

It could be useful for a "New pieces" setlist, if you are working on several new pieces, but especially for "Maintaining repertoire" setlists. You open a setlist and see which piece is neglected and on which you have worked recently.

It would just get one single new data field in the database and would not increase data volume a lot, I think. "Recently opened files" is a standard feature for almost any application. In my opinion it's a must have.

---

[This functionality could be increased further, but would mean a lot of work and new data fields.
You could store all dates of document opening and even how long it was opened. Than queries like "How long I worked on a piece X/setlist Y in the last month". And so on. It would be a practicing log. Maybe you could even track short commentaries and than later see a complete practice history of a piece (Day 1: Worked 20 min. on bars 1-4, problems with dynamics, Day 2: ..)
For me it would be not realy essential but very nice to have and maybe also interesting for other users, who use MobileSheets for practicing and not performing. But it would be very difficult to implement. And it should definitely be optional - "Advanced Usage Tracking - yes/no" for people who would like to keep the database minimal. ]

Go to: Settings -> Library Settings -> Tab Selection and Order
Over there make sure you select "Recent" from Available tabs.
Enjoy.
This feature is in MSPro for quite some time.

Not sure how useful would be "How long I worked on a piece X/setlist Y in the last month". It should rather read "How well I worked on a piece" (in terms of focus, speed, precision).
One can spend years on some piece and will never be able to perform it.

For the commentaries you could use annotations/layers which you could rename by a date/days. You can easily sort these and hide/unhide them.

It is already available for you.
(12-14-2021, 08:23 PM)otnt Wrote: Go to: Settings -> Library Settings -> Tab Selection and Order
Enjoy.

Yes, thank you. This works.
How can I order by "Recent" in a collection? I didn't find the option for that.
(12-14-2021, 11:44 PM)bwv543 Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 08:23 PM)otnt Wrote: Go to: Settings -> Library Settings -> Tab Selection and Order
Enjoy.

Yes, thank you. This works.
How can I order by "Recent" in a collection? I didn't find the option for that.

"Recent" tab works that last opened piece/song is on the top.
It's not the collection, you would need to make a collection from "recent" tab pieces.
Select all the pieces that you want on the Recent tab, three vertical dots (top right) and select "create collection from songs" (or "create setlist..." if you want them in the same order)

This is just expounding on otnt's post

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
No, what I mean is - I already have an existing collection. For example I have one special collection for pieces that should be played once a week or so. I open that collection and would like to have these pieces ordered by "Last Recent".  Then it's easy to recognize which pieces should be practiced next. In my app there are 6 options for ordering, but "Last opened" ist not among them. Can this option be activated somewhere?
Filter the recent tab by collection.
Ah, if I open a piece from a setlist tab, than the entry in the Recent tab is the setlist (!), not the piece.
If I open the same piece from a collection tab, than the entry in the Recent tab is the piece.
If you uncheck "Always Load Whole Setlist" in "Library Settings" pieces show up separately in "Recent", even if they were opened from a setlist
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Well, you were talking about collections not setlists. But did you try my advice to filter the recent list by collection? I think it does exactly what you want.
Just to add on to this topic, I do have plans for storing additional metrics in the future that will make it possible to support features like what is being requested. I know some users want to be able to quickly and easily track all of the songs they've loaded on a particular night, or they want to see how much they've placed a particular piece in the last month. At the moment, none of this information is stored in the database, so I have no way of supporting this. Once I make the changes to add all of this data and start tracking it, then I can support visualization tools, sorting, etc.

Mike
Thumbs Up 
(12-15-2021, 11:16 PM)BRX Wrote: Well, you were talking about collections not setlists. But did you try my advice to filter the recent list by collection? I think it does exactly what you want.

Yes you are right. I tried a setlist first and there was the problem that the last opened entry was that of the setlist. If I regroup this pieces to a collection than the behaviour is exactly like what I need. Smile Thank you.

Another option - when activating "Always Load Last Viewed Page" and than alwas opening only the setlist not the single pieces, the setlist ist opened on the "recent" piece and you can just continue with the next piece. If you are working from top to bottom only, without jumping in between, it's very similar behaviour. So MobileSheets gives me even two options. But the first one with collections seems to be more flexible.
(12-16-2021, 07:14 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Just to add on to this topic, I do have plans for storing additional metrics in the future that will make it possible to support features like what is being requested. I know some users want to be able to quickly and easily track all of the songs they've loaded on a particular night, or they want to see how much they've placed a particular piece in the last month. At the moment, none of this information is stored in the database, so I have no way of supporting this. Once I make the changes to add all of this data and start tracking it, then I can support visualization tools, sorting, etc.

Mike

That sound great und could be very useful.

If I may add a small wish - maybe it's possible to add a "Rating"/"Tag" field for the history entry? For example on closing a piece or switching to the next, a small overlay is shown where you can rate your performance or add defined tags like "Needs to work more on that", "Was great", "Audience didn't like it" or something like that.