• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Display "total run time"
I only have a few audio tracks so don't compute running time from the audio. (I get the time by a stop watch on my phone when I'm rehearsing)

I initially used the Mobile Sheets companion to determine which songs didn't have a duration (click on the Duration column header to sort; blank fields are shown at the bottom of the list; click again and they will be at the top of the screen). I only needed durations for a couple of playing groups (each has their own collection).
You can use the companion filter to restrict the collections being considered (this reduces the number of songs to look at).

I suspect there is a way to do this using MSP but I can understand how the companion works.

Now that most songs have a duration, I tend to always fill in the duration field when I add a new song.
When creating a setlist, I regularly check the running time to see if a song is not included e.g. 10/11 means that one of the recently added songs needs a duration.

Hope this helps.
Geoff
PS When setting the duration, you don't have to be to the exact second - add 5-10 seconds to allow for song switching and/or interaction with audience
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6

Messages In This Thread
Display "total run time" - by nzlotrfan - 12-23-2021, 07:01 AM
RE: Display "total run time" - by Geoff Bacon - 12-23-2021, 08:31 AM
RE: Display "total run time" - by nzlotrfan - 12-23-2021, 06:11 PM
RE: Display "total run time" - by palosanto - 04-15-2022, 12:52 PM
RE: Display "total run time" - by Geoff Bacon - 04-15-2022, 06:08 PM
RE: Display "total run time" - by palosanto - 04-16-2022, 02:16 AM