• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSP Forum: search for user
As soon as I search the MSP forum for a user and leave the keyword empty it reports "You did not enter any search terms. At a minimum, you must enter either some search terms or a username to search by."
As the message says "either some search terms or a username" I'd expect that such a search should work and show me the posts of the given user or report "nothing found".
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

So it took a bit to investigate this, but the forum software (myBB) is not set up so that you can search for posts by a user. The search page makes it seem like you can search for one or the other, but in reality, it will find posts based on the keywords you enter, but then it will filter those down further based on the other search criteria. So selecting a user will just filter the results to posts made by that user. This would not be an easy thing to change. For now, you can go to the Members section at the top, find the member based on their name (there is a search at the bottom), then click on their name to view their profile, then you can view all posts by that user. I know it's tedious, but I can't find a faster way at the moment. If someone is super motivated and wants to download the myBB code and figure out a way to modify the search page to allow searching by a user only, please feel free - I'll be happy to incorporate your changes.

Mike
That's OK so far. Thank you for investigating.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de