• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't access "root", then crash when trying to sync with Google Drive
Hello,
I am a big fan of the app and use it on multiple devices. Newest among them is a Samsung Note 10.1, on which I installed the app yesterday. Today, I wanted to sync it to my already existing cloud library on Google Drive. I chose the correct Google account and then the file browser opened. However, instead of showing the file structure there was a message in German (which is the vesion I am using), which translates to "can not access "root"", after which nothing more happened and the file window remained empty.
After this happened, whenever I now try to sync my library, when I open the Google-Drive sync option, the empty file window appears, but nothing can be clicked. After a few seconds the app crashes and starts anew, giving me the option to send a report.
This behaviour has persisted both after resetting everything in the app via the options menu as well as resetting the entire app via the android options themselves.

I hope some solution can be found, as I am very fond of this app and its functions and would like to use it on this device as well. However, manually importing and updating my entire library is somewhat unrealistic considering its size and complexity.

Best regards.
Google Drive integration is only available on devices running Android 4.4 or higher as Google dropped support for older versions through their library. Is your device running an Android OS version below 4.4? With the next update, I'm going to provide an error message when users on older devices try to access Google Drive so that the crash won't happen. You can still use Dropbox on older versions, so if you need to use the library sync functionality, I would either recommend you sync to Dropbox or you just use the direct device sync option over WiFi, as that's faster than using the cloud anyways. You can just copy the sync folder from Google Drive to Dropbox and the sync should work the exact same way.

Mike
(01-04-2022, 06:31 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Google Drive integration is only available on devices running Android 4.4 or higher as Google dropped support for older versions through their library. Is your device running an Android OS version below 4.4? With the next update, I'm going to provide an error message when users on older devices try to access Google Drive so that the crash won't happen. You can still use Dropbox on older versions, so if you need to use the library sync functionality, I would either recommend you sync to Dropbox or you just use the direct device sync option over WiFi, as that's faster than using the cloud anyways. You can just copy the sync folder from Google Drive to Dropbox and the sync should work the exact same way.

Mike

Hello, thank you very much for the quick answer and I apologize for the delay of my own.
Your advice was completely correct, the sync with another device worked without problem, thank you very much for the solution.

Best regards