• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autoscrolling Indicator
Hi Everyone.  This is my first post so apologies if this topic has been raised previously. On many of my songs with autoscrolling I set a longish - say 25 seconds before the scroll starts.  I know that when triggering the start of autoscrolling a 'flash message' confirms the start of autoscrolling.  However, sometimes I miss the flash message and it's only when the scrolling doesn't start after the expected delay that I realise I forgot to start the autoscroll which can be rather embarassing.  Would it be possible to add an indicator to the top of the screen like a small green 'LED' that stays on once autoscrolling has been triggered to reassure that the autoscrolling has been started.  A red 'LED could show that it hasn't been triggered. 
Thanks in advance.

Alan
Other users have asked for a countdown that stays up on the score so that users know when the next scroll will occur. Which would you prefer, an LED indicating that scrolling is active, or a countdown that indicates when the next scroll will occur? I suppose there could also be a combination of the two where the LCD has text indicating when the next scroll event will occur. I could then make the display of that LED configurable in the scroll settings so that users can choose whether or not they want to see it.

Mike
It would be nice to have some sort of indicator and a count down timer would also be nice.

In my case, I'd be happy with just a "yes it is enabled" indicator (others might prefer a countdown).
As always, the biggest problem is where to put it on the screen so that it doesn't obscure anything.

Does one disable the led or counter when the last page is fully visible?

Geoff
PS Would it also be possible to suppress the "Scrolling starts in 2 seconds" message when all of a song is visible?
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(01-25-2022, 04:11 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Other users have asked for a countdown that stays up on the score so that users know when the next scroll will occur. Which would you prefer, an LED indicating that scrolling is active, or a countdown that indicates when the next scroll will occur? I suppose there could also be a combination of the two where the LCD has text indicating when the next scroll event will occur. I could then make the display of that LED configurable in the scroll settings so that users can choose whether or not they want to see it.

Mike

Hi.
Thanks for the swift reply. As a solo performer a simple red/green 'LED' indicator would be ideal for me. It would have the advantage of reasuring me the song would scroll. The LED would also take up relatively little space on the screen to keep the screen clutter free. I'm assuming the modification would be relatively straightforward.
Thanks again
Alan