• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Song ID and export/share
I would like to export songs with their song ID as we use this field in our band to change songs via WIFI on connected tablets. I don't know if it's bug in current version or just normal behaviour but exported songs doesn't contain their ID. Would it be possile to add this as a option during export/sharing?

Thanks

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7
I need more information - are you exporting to .msf? The .msf file should contain the song ID if so. Is the problem only occuring on one platform (Android, Windows, iOS)?

Thanks,
Mike
I used export to .msf file. Both export and import was done on Windows 11, latest version of MS - 3.8.25 . I've checked that original files have IDs, export them into .msf file, cleared the library and restore original settings but still no Sond ID after import of .msf file. I've just sent you .msf file via email so you can check it. There are 3 songs in there, IDs should be 185, 77 and 305.

Just a quick follow up. I just tested it on my Android phone and it looks the same. Songs are imported without their ID. I also tried make new file from Android app and then import it to clear library with same result. So it seems .msf files are stored without song ID or song ID isn't read during import.

Song ID is packaged in the .msf, but it's not being used at the moment to populate the song ID when imported. I can adjust that.

Thanks,
Mike
OK, it would be great. Maybe as an option so anyone can choose if ID is populated or not?

I don't think it needs to be optional as I can't really think of any scenario where a user wouldn't want it populated. Let me know if you disagree.

Mike
Ok, I must agree I don't see any scenario where user (or group of users) use Song ID but doesn't want it to be populated during import.

Just want to report that this is fixed in latest update, thanks.

Thanks for verifying that!

Mike