• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page Turning with Facial Gestures
I'm new here to the forum.  So this question may already be covered. Apologies if that is the case.

I love Mobile Sheets and I've been super happy with it.  Something that I'm hoping that it will be able to do is turn pages by way of facial gestures.  I'm an Android & PC user.  It's not financially possible for me to invest in new equipment as well as a new music reader in order to get this particular functionality, which as I understand does currently exist with Apple products and forScore. 

But there is another more pressing reason for my question, "will Mobile Sheets at some point or in the near future support page turning by facial gestures for the Android users."  I'm in a wheelchair, and what I can now do with the lower half of my body is quite limited, compared to what I used to.  I really wanted the Bluetooth pedal to work for me, but I couldn't physically make it work.  I'm grateful for the amount I can do, but I sure miss what I used to be able to do.  I currently use my computer keyboard to turn pages, but this is less than ideal.

I'd love to hear about any plans for Mobile Sheets in the future and if I'm missed features I'm not taking advantage of please let me know.

Thank you!

fnmc
Hello fnmc,

Yes, I absolutely plan on supporting page turns using facial gestures. I have already done some initial research on how to support it on each OS, and there have been a few other posts on the forums about it. I will tackle this after the iOS version is released, along with many of the other feature requests I have received. I certainly want the app to be as accessible as possible, so I appreciate your feedback on this, as it helps me determine the priorities of future changes.

Mike
Mike,

I am so glad that page turning via facial gestures is on your to-do list. I use a windows surface pc and find the size and convenience incredible. As a classical pianist, I use both feet all the time, so moving one to hit a foot pedal is disruptive.

I know you may have several pressing things before implementing facial gestures, but do you have a date that you are targeting for first release?

Regards,
JS
I don't think I can provide an accurate estimate at this time. A vague answer would be the third or fourth quarter of the year. I don't realistically see it being added before the summer, and more likely the fall.

Mike
Until facial features are implemented you can also use the AirTurn Bite Switch to turn your pages:
https://www.airturn.com/products/airturn-bite-switch
Please notify me when page turning with facial gestures is available for windows 10/11.  I would like to buy the product for my two tablets when this is available.
Thanks,
Rich
Hello Mike,

I would appreciate this feature, either.
Android hast some build in camera switches which do work pretty well in some demo cases.

https://www.xda-developers.com/android-c...with-face/

However, I could't geht that running with MobileSheets.

Kind regards,
Martin

(01-30-2022, 05:05 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Hello fnmc,

Yes, I absolutely plan on supporting page turns using  facial gestures. I have already done some initial research on how to support it on each OS, and there have been a few other posts on the forums about it. I will tackle this after the iOS version is released, along with many of the other feature requests I have received. I certainly want the app to be as accessible as possible, so I appreciate your feedback on this, as it helps me determine the priorities of future changes.

Mike
Hi folks,

I'm wondering if this is still planned ?
As an organist I can't use any pedal, and page turning is a pain !

Regards
Hello,

Yes, it's up next now that I finished the redesigned page ordering UI. I know a lot of people are waiting for the facial gesture support. Thanks for your patience.

Mike
Good news, any chance this will be done before December. 

Would love to use it for my recital.
Ask me again in a couple of weeks and I can provide status on where things are at. I'm not sure what hurdles I may encounter trying to get this working identically across all three platforms.

Mike
I will wait patiently, you are busy enough.
(10-27-2023, 07:14 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Ask me again in a couple of weeks and I can provide status on where things are at. I'm not sure what hurdles I may encounter trying to get this working identically across all three platforms.

Mike

Thanks, I'll remind you Smile
Hi, pretty new to MS.  I see that facial has been added and released.  Is there any official documentation or videos that describe how all this (is supposed to) works.  I see a few forum threads where people are referencing it but I am at a loss to know where to start with this feature, including configuration, etc.  Many thanks for an amazing product!
If you are on an Android device or an iPad with a TrueDepth camera, you will find the face gesture functionality in the Settings (tap the three dots at the top right corner of the library screen, then Settings), under Face Gesture Settings->Configure Gesture Actions. You can then pick which gestures you want to use, what actions you want them to trigger and you can test out the gestures by tapping the "Test Gestures" button. Once you have it configured, go back to the last screen and check the option to enable face gestures. Then you can load a song and test the gestures you assigned.

Mike