• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exchange PDFs and keep the annotations
Hi,

I am very happy to go with MSP for my band sheets. All sheets are embedded via PDFs. Meanwhile, I made a lot of annotations within the sheets. Sometimes, I have to import sheets with minor corrections. That's no problem: Just replace the PDF file with a file browser.

But there is another problem I don't have a solution for: My file name system gets outdated. They are all called No_Title_Author_Instrument.pdf. Now sometimes, I get new sheets without a number added. So I had to embed some files beginning with XX_... Which gets more and more. Newest development in the band: Older pieces get kicked out and the number is reused for new items. Which is a catastrophy for my system. Is there a way not to replace a PDF file but to rename an embedded PDF file while keeping the annotations?

Within MSP for Android or MSP Companion.
2x Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e with Android 11 / UI One 3.1 - AirTurn BT-200
If you long press a song to select it, tap the three dots at the top right corner of the library screen, tap "Swap File", you can then swap in a new file for an existing file. This updates the song to point to the new file while preserving annotations. Have you tried using the swap file feature yet?

Mike
Great! That does exactly what I needed. I desperately looked in the Files tab of the song. It's that easy - maybe even easier in rehearsals.

I tested a bit how the software reacts - I can both switch from one file to another or set a new file if the attached one doesn't exist anymore. In both cases the annotations remain (in place).

Which means for renaming sheet files, I can first rename the file in a file browser and then set the connection to the new file.

For replacing files I can even set within MobileSheetsPro if I want to fully delete the original one.

Thanks a lot!
2x Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e with Android 11 / UI One 3.1 - AirTurn BT-200