• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Text file transpose feature bug found
I'm getting truncation of the lines with chords at transposition. It is also non reversible.

e.g.

C      Bb      F/A   G     C
I'm so tired of working everyday

transposing to Eb gives this:

Eb       Db       Ab/C      Bb
I'm so tired of working everyday

i.e. I've lost the I chord at the end of the first line.

This happens throughout the text file as soon as I increment from C to C# and I can't get it back by going back to C

Is this a known bug?
For anyone that sees this post - fausto was using an older version of the software. Once they updated to version 3.4.2, the problem went away.

Mike
Thanks Mike

I only found out about this transpose feature for text files recently. Very useful. My other method is to start a chord chart with Ban-in-a-Box and print their leadsheet using Microsoft print to pdf. 

It's very handy to be able to transpose at open mic events so maybe .txt files is the way to go rather than pdf. There was a program which made it easy to generate files in this format ...? Was it called ABCsomething? Anyone remember? Is it still available?
Thanks Mike

I only found out about this transpose feature for text files recently. Very useful. My other method is to start a chord chart with Ban-in-a-Box and print their leadsheet using Microsoft print to pdf. 

It's very handy to be able to transpose at open mic events so maybe .txt files is the way to go rather than pdf. There was a program which made it easy to generate files in this format ...? Was it called ABCsomething? Anyone remember? Is it still available?

This one   https://abcmusicnotation.weebly.com/index.html    maybe?