• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title Overlay, additional elements
Hi Mike,

The option to include more than the Title in the top overlay would be great.
E.g. display the song´s year, or whatever is defined as Collection for that song (I´m using emoji exclusively as values for Collection).
I don´t want to include these in the library´s title field, they´re in the second field (Caption). The title would be cluttered in the library if it contained more than the song´s name. 
When I move from one song to the next the information from the library screen (this second line) is not available currently.

Still enjoying Mobilesheet a lot, don´t want to imagine my musical life without it!

Thanks!
Ben
Hello Ben,

I'll have to think about this, because I would most likely need to increase the height of the title bar to fit both a title and a caption and make them both readable. I also would want this to be configurable. Due to the fact that the labels automatically decrease in size to fit the text if the text is too width, the layout logic will have to become a little more complex to handle both a caption and title.

Mike
Just noticed  by the way, that the option to hide the "Title" in text/chordpro files is now broken. It shows no matter what.
What option are you referring to? There is no option I'm aware of to hide the title in a text/chord pro file. There is a bug where if the first line is blank the file won't render, and there was previously a bug where the title wouldn't be correctly identified if there was a BOM marker, but I'm not aware of any issue involving the title. If I load a chord pro file, bring up the text display settings, tap the eye icon next to "Title Size", then the title vanishes. So that seems to work correctly for me. As a side note, I think if you are having issues unrelated to what this forum post is for, it would be better to create a separate post versus posting something unrelated.

Thanks,
Mike
(02-18-2022, 05:17 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Hello Ben,

I'll have to think about this, because I would most likely need to increase the height of the title bar to fit both a title and a caption and make them both readable. I also would want this to be configurable. Due to the fact that the labels automatically decrease in size to fit the text if the text is too width, the layout logic will have to become a little more complex to handle both a caption and title.

Mike

Thank you Mike,

By including the collection item in the title I get to see the song´s collection value(s) in the top overlay, which is great! They´re emojis only, so there´s plenty of space.

Additional items I would select for the top overlay are Year (one of the caption items in my settings) and, here´s a real tricky one I assume, the Setlist from which I opened the song.
No setlist value in the overlay if song is opened from the main library...

I suggest to refrain from increasing the height of the overlay. If additional items can´t be added in the existing title line, let´s drop these ideas.

Thank you!
Ben