• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edit Fieldnames? Add numbers to songs?
Hi, I am new here.

We are a saxquartett with a huge library. All songs have numbers.
So we would like to keep them.
What can we do? I thought changing e.g. 'custom'-field to 'number' but cannot find out how.
Or is there another way, to add the old song-numbers to each song?

Thank you for help!
Hello,

Is there a reason you can't put the number at the start of every song title, i.e. 001 My Song? Otherwise, the custom field is the best option for that. You said you can't change the custom field to a number, but that field does not restrict what you can type. You can enter a number - just switch the keyboard to the number section and then you can enter numbers. 

Mike
Thank you Mike.
your advice sounds good. Disadvantage: You cannot have an alphabetical list of these songs.

At the moment, I put the numbers into the Song-ID-field. Sounds strange, but it seems, that this field is not unique as it should be, that means, you can give two songs (from different samples) the same number.
Disadvantage: It seems, that it is not possible, to choose the song-ID as tab in options>library>tabs. Pity and uncomprehensible. (But the search DOES analize this field..)
Strange also, that one cannot choose this field as filter - also incomprehensible.
But btw: a very powerful app!
(02-21-2022, 05:46 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Otherwise, the custom field is the best option for that. You said you can't change the custom field to a number
Mike

You got me wrong: What I wanted was, to change the fieldNAME to 'number' (from 'custom')
I'm accustomed to use Custom2 for this purpose. Most of my music collections have numbered songs.
It never bothered me that I could not rename the field name.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Pflichtfeld,

1) If you go to Settings->Library Settings->Song Title Formatting, you can include song ID at the start of the formatted song title. This can be used to control the sorting of the song list. I would recommend using the numeric sorting option.

2) If you tap the dropdown to the left of the search edit field, you can search on song ID. So you can filter on song ID this way.

3) I don't think the song ID warrants a separate tab, the same way the custom field doesn't have a separate tab. Those fields aren't used to group songs - they are just a piece of data in the song that's usually unique.

4) The Song ID field can be assured to be unique if you tap the song ID + button on the fields tab

5) I don't allow the custom field to be renamed because it has too many impacts to the translations (it shows up in many places). I may do the necessary work to allow those fields to be renamed in the future if there is a large enough demand for it.

Mike
(02-21-2022, 06:21 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: 1) If you go to Settings->Library Settings->Song Title Formatting, you can include song ID at the start of the formatted song title. This can be used to control the sorting of the song list. I would recommend using the numeric sorting option.
Thanks Mike, a wonderful feature!

Quote:2) If you tap the dropdown to the left of the search edit field, you can search on song ID. So you can filter on song ID this way.
I do even not have to open the dropdown on ID. It searches anyway. But in contrast to using the custom2-field, the search here does not do a LIKE-search. That means, searching "10" just gives me the ID with explicit "10" while search on custom2 returns 10,100, 101, 310 and so on. So I will use custom2-Field in the future.

Again: Great app!!
(02-21-2022, 06:21 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I don't allow the custom field to be renamed because it has too many impacts ...

It may then be easier to add a new field?
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).