• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to hide {title:...} (chordpro)
Hi Mike,

I'm unable to hide the title in chordpro files on both my Tab s3 and my backup A52 phone.

Just created a file from scratch from within MSP containing:

Code:
{title:Title}
{artist:Artist}
[F]Lyrics [C7]exam[F]ple

When I adjust the display settings to hide title and meta, the title still shows. When I enter the display settings again, the title display icon is turned on again too. See attached screenshot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That is really bizarre. I don't have an explanation at the moment for why you are seeing that. The code seems correct when I looked at it, so I'll have to dig into this some more.

Thanks,
Mike
No biggie, but I'm assuming you're able to recreate the issue then? Tried on another musician's Tab s3 too and I saw the same thing. Don't normally use the function, but I have a list of chordpro files with crazy long titles including hymnal, number, title, original title, etc. And that title length messes with the multicolumn function of the actual song. 

As a workaround I've added all said songs to a setlist and adjusted all title sizes to 1pt. 

Perhaps a future idea would be to auto resize the title to fit the actually used columns, or te enable some sort of auto-wrap, or (preferably IMO) to let the title/meta go full-width and auto-fit if exceeding the screen limits regardless of the remaining song columns. I don't mind seeing the title, it's just that it interferes with the rest of the layout.

Thanks for your great support as always!
Your screenshot shows the title to be visible. When I click on the eye it becomes white and the title disappears... but as I click OK it reappears.

Mike, I had to rotate the emulator to be able to view the eyes buttons since the screen is too small. Didn't we have a similar problem with the folder sync dialogue?

EDIT: Nope, same behaviour with in portrait mode.

Also, there seems to be no way to hide the subtitle...

https://www.squirrel.nl/pub/xfer/uploads....00.58.m4v
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
There was a bug in the code (both Android and Windows) that caused the title visibility button not to work as expected. It temporarily shows the title being hidden, but then doesn't actually save that change in the song itself. This will be fixed in version 3.4.8.

Thanks,
Mike
Great! Will you hide the subtitle as well? I think that makes sense.
Johan
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
I currently associate the subtitle with the "Meta" size and visibility indicator. If I change the subtitle to be included with the title, this is going to create a weird disconnect between the field used to drive the size of the subtitle and its visibilty. I'm not sure how to handle this given the state of the current settings and how they are used... I could change the subtitle to be driven only by the title settings and make its size no longer associated with the meta field in any way. The subtitle would then be defined as a percentage of the title size, say 50-75% smaller. 

Mike
I'm not sure how others use it exactly, but in my (n=1) use case I regard subtitle and artist as synonyms more or less. I tend to always use the {artist:...} directive, and fill that with either the actual author or just the hymnal+number (e.g. Baptist Hymnal '08 - 604)

Reason for that is mostly that I use Songbook on Mac, perhaps there's an option somewhere, but its song list seems to prefer showing authors over subtitles. 

Anyway, for me the subtile is equivalent to meta data. Perhaps an additional visibilty toggle could be added if others use it for different purposes.
I felt that coming... Rolleyes

Technically you would need sliders and eyes for all displayable items.

Can you get away with linking subtitle size to 70% of the title size? Then a single eye for title and subtitle makes sense.

BTW, when you suppress both title and subtitle, I think the head space should be suppressed as well. After all, the idea is to create more room for reszt of the song.
Johan
I agree with Sciurius that separate settings for more of the displayable items are required. Not only size and visibility but also text colour, highlight colour, bold, italic and so on.
"all" could be discussed, but independent settings for subtitle, comment, comment italic, comment bold are definitely needed.
That's not possible with the current settings window, a redesign would be required.
Btw: I doubt that sliders are the best UI element for the font sizes. I would prefer e.g. an edit box combined with +/- buttons. I think that would be easier to use and take half of the space.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Johan - the "head space" is configured as the top margin in the settings. That can be controlled independently from the title being displayed or not.

It sounds like in order to make everyone happy, I would need to have completely separate settings for everything. In that case, I won't make any changes until I have time to rework things with a different UI.

Mike