• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug report: deleting multiple placeholders
Hi,

I think I have found a bug.

I had a long setlist that had about 20 placeholders that weren't needed any longer.
Since MS was in A-Z sorting, they were all at the beginning of the setlist due to the way they were named, 
using only a line of hyphens for separation of the different sections of the setlist.
Trying to delete them all at once seemed to work; MS reported that the 20 records had been deleted.

However, returning at the setlist screen, only one had been removed.
What's worse, some song(s) had been deleted instead.

It was possible to delete them all 1 by 1 and one deleted song was recovered from a bacup setlist.
Nothing was lost, but it was a close call.

Could it be because placeholders are treated differently from song or because they were named with only hyphens?
Maybe something else?

Sincerely,

Dan
Were there multiple instances of any of the placeholders in the setlist? I'm wondering if the problem was related to that in some way. If you tap the on the Sort: A-Z field, was it sorted based on ascending or descending sort order? Also, was this with version 3.4.7?

Thanks,
Mike
I don't know which version of MS, but it was recently.

Yes, there were many instances of the same placeholders, however there were also 3 or 4 different placeholders.
They were sorted A-Z in ascending order and the placeholders were at the beginning.

For example, there were several instances of each of the following placeholders names:
example name:----------------------
example name:----------------------------------------
example name:-!!!!!!!!!!!End of setlist
example name:-!!!!!!!Break!!!

Maybe due to the fact that the names begin with non-letters/non-numbers?

Sincerely,
Dan
I'll try to test using those examples to see if I can reproduce any issues.

Thanks,
Mike