• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UI bug when merging genres
I've only done this once but I think this is what happened.

I have two genres, A and B, and decide to merge them into one single genre named A.

So, rename B as A. Window pops up, "Do you really want to merge B into A".

I click ok and nothing visibly happens, so I click ok two or three more times and suddenly it's done.

I think it starts work as soon as you click ok the first time but since the click ok window never changes it's impossible to know that.

That window should change to say "working" instead.
If you're a zombie and you know it, bite your friend!
We got both kinds of music: Country AND Western
I just tested this and the genre merging happened instantly. How many songs did you have in each genre when you merged them? You should only need to tap the OK button once. What type of device are you using? 

Right now, I am performing the merge on the UI thread which is going to prevent any interaction until it finishes. I can move this to a background thread with a progress dialog - it's just majorly overkill most of the time unless the device is handling the database interactions incredibly slowly.

Mike
There were about 2000 entries in the genre that I was renaming from, and only one or two entries in the genre that I was renaming to.

My tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.

I don't know if you need an actual progress dialog.  Just changing the OK to "working" or popping up a window that says that would be adequate.  Just anything to show that the ok has been received and the job is underway.
I've made the necessary changes, so this should be fixed with version 3.4.8.

Thanks,
Mike
That was fast.  Thanks!

It is (was) a very small issue since the wait time for the job to finish is still in single digit seconds but it was just long enough to make me think nothing was happening.  Until it did.