• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import / Parsing filenames
Hi 

is there a possibility to extract artist and title from the file name when importing a pdf document (file name is "Elton John-SONG1.pdf") ? 

Thank you  !
Not at the moment - some users have asked for this in the past so it's something I'm considering supporting at some point, but I haven't had time to add the necessary changes. The only option is to populate metadata from directory structures at the moment.

Mike
(04-15-2022, 04:04 AM)Itisme2022 Wrote: is there a possibility to extract artist and title from the file name when importing a pdf document (file name is "Elton John-SONG1.pdf") ? 

This is definitely a must have ! All my library on my PC is built around that very same syntax. It will be a heck of a work to either restructure all my library to match a structure like "%ARTIST%\title.pdf" or to rename all the files manually on MobileSheetPro and to copy the artist name into the metadata.
In the meantime, I wrote this Powershell command that moves and renames all MSP-compatible files to subfolders based on their names:
Code:
dir *.*|where {$_.Name -match '^(.*?)\s*-\s*(.*\.(pdf|jpg|gif|png|bmp|webp|txt|cho|chordpro|crd|chopro|pro|mp3|wav))$'}|%{MD $matches[1] -EA 0;$_|Move -Force -Dest {$matches[1]+"\"+$matches[2]}}

To be used on a Windows PC with the MBP companion.
(04-15-2022, 04:42 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Not at the moment - some users have asked for this in the past so it's something I'm considering supporting at some point.

Has this feature been implemented ?
I have not had time to work on it I'm afraid. It's still on the list of things to do. There hasn't been a large demand for this capability, so I haven't raised the priority on it.

Mike