• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is MobileSheets Companion free?
I am asking because I have just spent several hours getting it connected with wifi and then get a message that I need to upgrade to the paid version to have more that 8 songs.
I bought MSP several weeks ago. If it 'is' free - what can I do to correct this unfriendly behaviour please?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Trish Smile
Can you verify that you have uninstalled MobileSheets Trial? I just want to make sure you aren't connecting using MobileSheetsTrial, because users have done that in the past without realizing it. If you purchased MobileSheets through the Google Play store, then you should have an icon for that. Assuming you are loading the paid version, are you able to import more than eight files into your library? If so, something very strange is going on where the companion app is detecting the tablet as running the trial version. Which app store did you purchase through?

Mike
(05-12-2022, 05:46 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Can you verify that you have uninstalled MobileSheets Trial? I just want to make sure you aren't connecting using MobileSheetsTrial, because users have done that in the past without realizing it. If you purchased MobileSheets through the Google Play store, then you should have an icon for that. Assuming you are loading the paid version, are you able to import more than eight files into your library? If so, something very strange is going on where the companion app is detecting the tablet as running the trial version. Which app store did you purchase through?

Mike

Mike - I never installed the trial version - went straight to paid. I do have an icon on my tablet for it. I have 18 songs imported and loaded.  I used Google Play and bought this
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...esheetspro

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Trish Smile
Let me ask this - when you load the companion app and MobileSheets is on the sync screen, it should pop up a connection window. In that connection window, it should indicate whether Mobilesheets is the free version or the paid. What does that say? If it says paid, and you connect and then try to import a PDF either by dragging & dropping or using the song editor, do you still get the same error?

Thanks,
Mike
Mike - for some crazy reason it is working perfectly now!  When the list populated I tried deleting a song - which worked!  I figured if that worked, maybe drag and drop to import would work too - and it did!!  Maybe it just need to rest overnight???  LOL

Thanks very much for your help!
Trish
Trish Smile
I'm glad to hear that - I hope it continues to work well now. It was probably some kind of weird connection issue where the flag was set incorrectly.

Mike
@trishauxy: Drag and Drop only works into the "Songs" display on the companion.

I originally thought it would be nice if it also worked into the Setlist and/or Collection displays but, as and one would probably need to edit at least one other bit of meta data, it isn't really necessary; especially as I'm sure Mike has more important bits to code 

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6