• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two chopro questions: chords vs notes, Key directive
Hi,

I understood from the chordpro site that in chopro files, when inserting the Chord symbols,
if the name was lower case, that it would be treated as a note and not a chord. 
 e.g.: [a] is a note and [A] is a chord.

I have been entering single notes this way in MS, but I just found out that 
the transpose function does not transpose notes and leaves them in the original key.

Is this intentional for some reason or a bug? 
If not either, then I submit it as a feature request.

Secondly, regarding the directive [Key: ], somewhere on this site I saw minor keys written as [Key: C minor].
Would it be possible at some point to include just [key: Cm] as being valid?
I am not sure if this would go against the official chopro directives, since I thought they didn't allow for minor keys at all.

Sincerely,
Dan
This was brought up in a previous thread here: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=8265

It turned out not to be a simple adjustment to support lowercase letters, so I have put that off until a later point in time. 

MobileSheets should support {key: Cm}. I actually don't know if I support it written as "C minor" (I'd have to check).

Mike
(05-14-2022, 05:51 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: This was brought up in a previous thread here: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=8265

It turned out not to be a simple adjustment to support lowercase letters, so I have put that off until a later point in time. 

MobileSheets should support {key: Cm}. I actually don't know if I support it written as "C minor" (I'd have to check).

Mike

Thanks, Mike. No problem, I don't use single notes that much. 
However, it's nice to know it will be addressed at a later date.

Dan
(05-14-2022, 02:16 AM)madoues Wrote: Secondly, regarding the directive [Key: ], somewhere on this site I saw minor keys written as [Key: C minor].
Would it be possible at some point to include just [key: Cm] as being valid?
I am not sure if this would go against the official chopro directives, since I thought they didn't allow for minor keys at all.

Probably [Key: C Minor] comes from ABC? ChordPro uses {key: Cm} (and has always done so).
Johan
www.johanvromans.nlwww.hetgeluidvanseptember.nlwww.howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 12.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
For the [Key: ] directive, I tried [C minor] and it worked.
I then tried [Cm] and it didn't work, it just assumed Cmajor.
Finally, I tried [C m} (with a space) and it worked.

So it's only the space that makes the difference.
I'll work around that...

Cheers,
Dan
To test it, I created three new songs and edit their contents to have resp.
{key: Cminor}
{key: Cm}
{key: C m}

The songs have one song line: [A]Hello.

When I open the songs and long-click on the screen, then use the transpose dialog (the quarter note with the arrows), only the song with Cm is understood to have key Cm. All other get key A (inferred from the first chord of the song).
Johan
www.johanvromans.nlwww.hetgeluidvanseptember.nlwww.howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 12.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon