• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeing the same update twice on Google Play
In the thread about device synchronization behavior, I reported that version 3.5.3 was made available to me twice by Google Play on each of my devices (i.e., it "upgraded" my devices from 3.5.3 to 3.5.3) for no apparent reason.

The same thing just happened again with 3.5.4 -- I installed it on both my tablet and phone immediately as soon as it became available on Wedesday night. Today (Friday evening in my time zone as I type this), my phone just received a new update for MobileSheets -- from version 3.5.4, to version 3.5.4.

This isn't a problem, as such; it isn't even really a nuisance.

But it is odd, and I wonder if you have any idea why Google is doing this.
I pushed out a minor update to address issues with the AirTurn Direct Mode (I posted something in the news section about that). I didn't want to bump the version number just for that as it would cause a difference in version number between Windows and Android which sometimes confuses people (I'll get emails asking how to update the Windows version of MobileSheets even when they have the latest version because it's behind Android). So if you see updates install like that, it's because I pushed out a minor update. I will often insert something into the release notes for the changes I made for those that care to see. When I add AirTurn Direct Mode back, I'll probably bump the version to 3.4.5 at that point.

Mike
(05-21-2022, 05:05 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: So if you see updates install like that, it's because I pushed out a minor update. I will often insert something into the release notes for the changes I made for those that care to see. When I add AirTurn Direct Mode back, I'll probably bump the version to 3.4.5 at that point.

Mike

Thank you for explaining that! I was confused because I'd looked for changes in the release notes without noticing any.