• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recording audio inside a sheet page
Hello Mike, 
during one of my sessions I needed to record a piece of the rehearsals, so my questioni is: should it be possible to add a Button that starts an audio recording and stores the audio file with the sheet, so that I can recall it when I open the sheet page?
Marco

Samsung Galaxy S8 Ultra 14.6" - Nord Stage 2 HA88
I'm sure Mike could do this. But iMHO that's far out of the scope a sheet reader should do. Recording functions belong to decicated audio recorders. And there are so many (even free ones) you can use on your device (which you can even start with a smartbutton from MSP if you want) and so easy to add the recording as playable audio to MSP after the recording that I don't think this very specific user case justifies an addition as option or feature to MSP.
(06-10-2022, 09:40 PM)BRX Wrote: I'm sure Mike could do this. But iMHO that's far out of the scope a sheet reader should do. Recording functions belong to decicated audio recorders. And there are so many (even free ones) you can use on your device (which you can even start with a smartbutton from MSP if you want) and so easy to add the recording as playable audio to MSP after the recording that I don't think this very specific user case justifies an addition as option or feature to MSP.

In my case, let's suppose that I need to quickly memorize an intro or a final or whathever piece of music relative to the sheet being played, when for example I have no time to write an annotation: I find it should be useful to have a tool that quickly records an audio and gives me the possibility to find it in a second time when I'll reopen the sheet.
Marco

Samsung Galaxy S8 Ultra 14.6" - Nord Stage 2 HA88
Most of my competitors do support options to record audio, so I will probably have to add support for this at some point if for no reason other than to stay competitive with those other products. So it's on my list of things to do.

Thanks,
Mike
(06-11-2022, 04:37 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Most of my competitors do support options to record audio, so I will probably have to add support for this at some point if for no reason other than to stay competitive with those other products. So it's on my list of things to do.

Thanks,
Mike
I am very happy with Musescore. It has all the options I could think. However it should be the top when I could record myself or the group. I play clarinet and I should like to play the two parties of a song. On the keyboard it's a simpel red button. I am willing to pay some extra for this record function.
Now i record the song, playing alone or in a group, with my phone, send it in the cloud and import it from the cloud into my tablet/Mobilesheet.
Wiecher