• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets Responding Very Slowly
Hello,

Didn't see whether this was addressed in an earlier post but I have 2 Android tablets using MobileSheets and both seem to have the same problem. The program responds very slowly when selecting songs and when returning to the library.  Occasionally I'll also get a message that says that MobileSheets has stopped responding and asks if I want to wait or stop the program.
Are both tablets running Android 4.4 or lower? If so, are you using the Google Play version of MobileSheets? If so, are you running version 3.5.7? You can go to Settings->About to verify which version you have installed. I ask this because a separate version of MobileSheets is now distributed through Google Play for devices running Android 4.4 or below in order to fix performance issues that occurred when I updated libraries from Google. This is all supposed to be transparent to the user though - when you install or update the app through Google Play, it should deliver the correct version of the app based on your device.

If you are using a different version, such as the FastSpring or Amazon version, let me know. The update is coming to Amazon but Amazon is incredibly slow to approve updates lately, so it can take a week or two. If your tablets are running Android 5.0 or higher, also let me know, as you shouldn't be seeing performances issues in that case.

Mike
(06-21-2022, 08:38 AM)jpl1954 Wrote: Hello,

Didn't see whether this was addressed in an earlier post but I have 2 Android tablets using MobileSheets and both seem to have the same problem. The program responds very slowly when selecting songs and when returning to the library.  Occasionally I'll also get a message that says that MobileSheets has stopped responding and asks if I want to wait or stop the program.

Thanks for the info.  I will check my tablets and let you know asap.

Julian
Hello,

I checked my tablets and I'm running Android version 4.0.3 and I'm running MobileSheets 3.5.7 from Google Play.
I've sent you a message. Did these issues happen with only the most recent updates, or did you see it with earlier updates such as 3.5.3 or below? Android version 4.0.3 is around 11 years old now, so I'm trying to keep supporting it, but I won't be able to support it forever.

Mike