• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inserting pages in a pdf
This has probably come up before but I couldn't find any posts.
What is the easiest workflow for inserting a page (or more) in a pdf without messing up the order of the annotations already made in MSP when replacing the pdf?
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
Unfortunately, I'm not sure there is a good way to do that at the moment. I would actually advise exporting the PDF with the annotations, replace the existing PDF in MobileSheets with that one, delete all of the annotations in MobileSheets, then you can duplicate the PDF in the song and instead a different file in between those two copies of the PDF. I realize this is not optimal - I'm going to be adding PDF editing capabilities once I have the bandwidth for it so that it's easier to insert a new page in a PDF, or merge PDFs together.

Mike
(07-06-2022, 04:03 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Unfortunately, I'm not sure there is a good way to do that at the moment. I would actually advise exporting the PDF with the annotations, replace the existing PDF in MobileSheets with that one, delete all of the annotations in MobileSheets, then you can duplicate the PDF in the song and instead a different file in between those two copies of the PDF. I realize this is not optimal - I'm going to be adding PDF editing capabilities once I have the bandwidth for it so that it's easier to insert a new page in a PDF, or merge PDFs together.

Mike

Thanks Mike.  I did something similar and actually easier, I exported with annotations and inserted the new pages with my pdf editor.
In MSP I deleted all annotations and swapped the pdf with the edited one. The old annotations came with it of course . I can then keep annotating including the newly inserted pages.
I can always enable "Allow editing of embedded PDF annotations" while in annotation mode and modify partially the old annotations, some things cannot be edited for example change size of stamps but it's enough for 90% of my needs since chances are that I don't even need to modify the old annotations.
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal