• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Menu bars
I usually only need the Search field at the top; then at the bottom, Songs, genres (very occasionally Setlists.)
I also do not need the composer/artist (underneath the song title.)

If it was possible to customize (hide?) the icons somehow it would mean more room for the song index. I could be happy with a few small icons along the top just for what I need.

Anyone else have similar thoughts?
Making the album -artist under the song titles is something I've been considering making optional. It seems like it would be a really easy thing to make optional right? It actually requires me managing two completely different data adapters which are populated in different ways. Android made their listviews extremely flexible in their presentation and content, which means they are very complex beasts when it comes to implementation. This I can manage though.

As for the layout of the rest of the screen, I can probably add some options in the future to hide the buttons at the bottom that you don't use, but I really don't see the value in this, as it would just leave empty space. Changing the layout at the top to be flexible is more complex, and not really something I want to tackle. The amount of room saved would not be worth the amount of work it would take to implement.
(06-29-2012, 04:39 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Making the album -artist under the song titles is something I've been considering making optional. It seems like it would be a really easy thing to make optional right?...

Yes optional, but not urgent at all; to be useful for others though, it might be nice to have checkboxes for Album and Artist individually if possible.
My original thought behind this is that there would be room to have more song titles per screen instead (where both are not required.)

(06-29-2012, 04:39 PM)Zuberman Wrote: As for the layout of the rest of the screen, I can probably add some options in the future to hide the buttons at the bottom that you don't use, but I really don't see the value in this, as it would just leave empty space. Changing the layout at the top to be flexible is more complex, and not really something I want to tackle. The amount of room saved would not be worth the amount of work it would take to implement.
My thought was that I only need one row of buttons (meaning either at the top or bottom) leaving more room for the song index.
Well not really important, I was thinking what is really necessary when I am using it live, so thought some of the options could be in a menu button (I do not need to add new songs nor set up a Setlist when using it live.)
Thanks for your thoughts on this.