• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcoming certificate issue for FastSpring users on Windows devices
I want to provide a quick update to warn FastSpring customers who utilize the Windows version of MobileSheets about an upcoming issue. In order to distribute the Windows version of MobileSheets through my own store, I have to get a digital certificate which verifies my identity as a publisher. The certificate is issued through a third party company (in this case Sectigo) and has to be renewed every three years. The current certificate expires on November 16th, so I had to get it renewed, but this has caused a nasty issue: the details in the certificate have changed, and I'm unable (so far) to get Sectigo to change the certificate to match the old one. What this means is that, when I go to release a new update for MobileSheets through my FastSpring store, it will appear as if I'm a different publisher, so Microsoft chooses a different installation directory and treats the app as if it's completely new. While I'm still trying to prevent this issue, if I'm unable to get Sectigo to help me, my FastSpring users will have to install the new update, move their library between the two versions (which involves just copying the files from one folder to another) and then uninstall the older version. This is not something I can automate in code due to the way file permissions work in Windows. Users can also backup their library, uninstall the current version, install the new version once it's released, and then restore the library backup. I will most likely release an update for the FastSpring version warning users about this upcoming issue, and the fact that an automated update will not be possible this time around. I apologize to my FastSpring users for this inconvenience - it's really frustrating that I'm not really able to get help with this issue from either Sectigo or Microsoft, and it's my users who have to suffer as a result.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Upcoming certificate issue for FastSpring users on Windows devices - by Zubersoft - 11-10-2022, 05:17 AM