• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap? USB Foot pedal
I am looking for a USB page turner pedal to use as a backup in case my AirTurn bluetooth starts to play up (it has once)

I have found this on the internet.
https://sites.google.com/site/michaelvea...age-turner

There are plenty of these switches on EBay for about £7.

I use an Android tablet, and can use the USB adaptor to plug it in.

I assume the right arrow key would turn a page? (Would only need to turnh one way, no requirement to turn page back).

Has anyone used this method, am I likely to hit any problems (not very knowledgeable on tablets)
One of these footswitches will work fine with MS. I use a three pedal version (forward, back and one whose use is to be decided). The one thing you need to keep in mind is that the footswitch needs to be programmed using your PC, it will nothing if you just plug it into your Android tablet.

Although you say you only need to go forward, I think you should bite the bite the bullet and purchase at least the two pedal version, so that you do have the ability to go back as well. One day you might need it Smile .
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(07-08-2014, 03:50 AM)GraemeJ Wrote: One of these footswitches will work fine with MS. I use a three pedal version (forward, back and one whose use is to be decided). The one thing you need to keep in mind is that the footswitch needs to be programmed using your PC, it will nothing if you just plug it into your Android tablet.

Although you say you only need to go forward, I think you should bite the bite the bullet and purchase at least the two pedal version, so that you do have the ability to go back as well. One day you might need it Smile .

Many thanks, I think it is worth a punt for a few quid.
I have bought one of these and it works fine.

However, after the initial press it takes two presses to turn the page after that.

Not sure why (it is set to operate on right arrow).

I am wondering if it would work if I set it to the Tab key instead?
I think this has to a be a problem with the settings - it works fine for me. Have you had a play around with the pedal settings in the MS options?
Graeme

Some of my music here
(07-20-2014, 01:08 AM)GraemeJ Wrote: I think this has to a be a problem with the settings - it works fine for me. Have you had a play around with the pedal settings in the MS options?

No I haven't but I will and see what happens, thanks.
I tried all sorts of combinations in the MS Settings, but nothing made any difference. Will just have to live with it.
How odd - not had that problem myself and I can't offer any other ideas. Maybe Mike can come up with a solution.
Graeme

Some of my music here
You changed the "bounce" "debounce" settings in Mobilesheets and it didn't help?

Is the pedal bluetooth or connected via USB?

Jeff

(07-21-2014, 06:04 AM)gerryfitz Wrote: I tried all sorts of combinations in the MS Settings, but nothing made any difference. Will just have to live with it.
Yes, I disabled the debounce but it made no difference.

It is connected direct via USB into my tablet.

It does the same on two other tablets, don't know why?
Hmm, it wounds like some type of setting for the pedal itself? (Just a guess).

I reverted back to the footime/Billipro after trying the bluetooth pedals. So, might be worth it? http://www.wisdomking.com/product/pagescore-turner

[I never bought from this merchant].

Jeff

(07-21-2014, 06:18 PM)gerryfitz Wrote: Yes, I disabled the debounce but it made no difference.

It is connected direct via USB into my tablet.

It does the same on two other tablets, don't know why?
(07-21-2014, 06:18 PM)gerryfitz Wrote: Yes, I disabled the debounce but it made no difference.

Hmmm ... I would think, all things considered, disabling the de-bounce is the last thing you should be doing. If anything, try increasing the period (although mine is set on 1/4 second and works well).

Virtually all mechanical switches exhibit contact bounce, to one degree or another, and contact bounce is a prime cause of multiple triggering events.
Graeme

Some of my music here
gerryfitz, what kind of tablet(s) do you have and did you buy the USB Game Foot Control Action Switch Pedal? I'll have to look into this... I do have a USB pedal for testing (the bilipro) but I have never seen this behavior before. I'll have to see if it occurs on any of my tablets.

Mike
Hello,

The two tablets I have tried this on are

@TAB 10", This company have gone into administration and no longer trading so I can't help much.

SumVision Cyclone Voyager II 10"

I bought a USB foot switch, which is made in China, on EBAY, but I think it is primarily intended for gaming?

Gerry
(07-23-2014, 01:41 AM)gerryfitz Wrote: I bought a USB foot switch, which is made in China, on EBAY, but I think it is primarily intended for gaming?

Mine came from the same source, but I don't think they are specifically intended for anything. Apart From MS*, I use the same pedal when using Transcribe.

*Actually, it's starting to play up a bit on the tablet. I rather suspect the real problem is the mini USB socket, as it has had a lot of mating/un-mating and it's hardly a substantial connector.

Although I have never thought a wireless connection worth the additional cost, I'm going to have a go at converting my pedals to Bluetooth to save any more mechanical wear on the USB port-
Graeme

Some of my music here