• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version 5.0.0 in internal testing
Curt,

Thanks for the offer to help. Some things will see immediate improvements in MobileSheetsPro when it comes to the annotations editor, but I do have a list of bugs I have not addressed yet (ones that require design changes). I'm going to have an update dedicated to annotations, and I have to draw the line somewhere so I can get MobileSheetsPro out. I will absolutely take any feedback you want to give as far as the beta goes though.

Thanks,
Mike
(10-11-2014, 02:57 PM)Zuberman Wrote: It's true the current limit is to show 1024 files at a time for a given folder. What would you want the limit to be? I don't know why you have over a 1000 files in one folder, but there has to be some form of limit otherwise the list would be extremely unwieldy. I've upped it to 2048 - do you need more than that?

As far as searching, I've never kept thousands of files in one folder, but I can see why you would need a search function in this case. I've put it on the list of enhancements for a future update. If there is enough time, I will see if I can get it into the initial release of MobileSheetsPro.

Hi Mike,
you got it! Great, perfect!

1) limit to 2048 seems fair :-) Actually I count about 1500 files in one folder. I?ve over 5000 PDF, this is why I need MobileSheets! ;-)

2) Search function, exactly, as you say having thousand files in one folder, that's quite necessary. Thanks for adding this feature, much appreciated!

Great job Mike, can't wait to test the new MS Pro!!
Dumb question: what does it mean to have songs in a single folder? I am assuming you can have over 2040 songs in MS. What does it mean to have them in a single folder? (I haven't really noticed the folders).
I am talking about files during importing. If you dropped thousands of PDFs in one directory, and opened the file browser in MobileSheets to import one of the PDFs to create a new song, you would hit the limit for how many files are allowed to be shown.

You can have any number of songs in MobileSheets, and if you leave the copy options, all of the PDFs are copied under /sdcard/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheets/files. If you turn off subdirectories, and you have a big library, you very well may have over a thousands files in there.
(10-12-2014, 05:09 PM)jeffn1 Wrote: Dumb question: what does it mean to have songs in a single folder? I am assuming you can have over 2040 songs in MS. What does it mean to have them in a single folder? (I haven't really noticed the folders).

Create a new song.
It will open up a file explorer which you can browse to move inside folders on your tablet, right?
That's the "folder" I'm talking about.
As soon as the bugs are gone, I'd like to get the paid version. But soon! Can you give ma any idea when it'll be ready for non-techie users?

Thank you.

(07-21-2014, 05:12 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Things have been quiet for the past couple months, as I have been finishing up the coding for version 5. Unfortunately, as I got closer to completion, I realized that there were a few things I hadn't fully thought out (a repeating theme), so there was more work than anticipated. All of the pieces for version 5.0.0 are now complete, but there is a lot of internal testing that has to be conducted before the update is ready for a beta release. Over the next couple weeks, I will be trying to iron out remaining bugs and get things as stable as possible for the beta. A lot of people have been kind and have volunteered to be testers, so I will be sending out emails in the near future for those who are interested.

Thanks everyone for your patience - this has been a long time in the making!

Mike
maestralien,

I got inspired and decided to add the search option in the file browser. It actually only took me about an hour, so it will be available in the initial release of MobileSheetsPro. I'm really glad I was able to do it!

rcandel, it really depends how many bugs the beta testers find. Additionally, I need to get the translations finished into the other languages, I need to finish changes to the companion app, I need to rewrite the manual, and I'd like to post some video tutorials. Some of this I will try to do while the beta is going, but I can't imagine being able to release to the public any sooner than 3-4 weeks after the beta begins (the details of which I'm hoping to get all worked out this week).

The beta is about 95% done, I've been ironing out the bugs in the new file import/export and sharing features (which uncovered other bugs I needed to fix). Once I'm able to do one more pass through the app without finding any bugs, I'm going to prepare the beta installer to be sent to everyone. As mentioned above, I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to easily distribute it to all the beta testers. I believe I can do this through HockeyApp, which I currently use for capturing crash reports. I'll post and send out emails once I've got a handle on it all.

Mike
(10-14-2014, 01:50 AM)rcandel Wrote: As soon as the bugs are gone, I'd like to get the paid version. But soon! Can you give ma any idea when it'll be ready for non-techie users?

Thank you.

(07-21-2014, 05:12 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Things have been quiet for the past couple months, as I have been finishing up the coding for version 5. Unfortunately, as I got closer to completion, I realized that there were a few things I hadn't fully thought out (a repeating theme), so there was more work than anticipated. All of the pieces for version 5.0.0 are now complete, but there is a lot of internal testing that has to be conducted before the update is ready for a beta release. Over the next couple weeks, I will be trying to iron out remaining bugs and get things as stable as possible for the beta. A lot of people have been kind and have volunteered to be testers, so I will be sending out emails in the near future for those who are interested.

Thanks everyone for your patience - this has been a long time in the making!

Mike
and for the non beta tester ! when can we expect this release ? thank s for the answer
Asus Eeepad TF 201, android 4.03
(10-14-2014, 08:21 AM)Zuberman Wrote: maestralien,

I got inspired and decided to add the search option in the file browser. It actually only took me about an hour, so it will be available in the initial release of MobileSheetsPro. I'm really glad I was able to do it!

rcandel, it really depends how many bugs the beta testers find. Additionally, I need to get the translations finished into the other languages, I need to finish changes to the companion app, I need to rewrite the manual, and I'd like to post some video tutorials. Some of this I will try to do while the beta is going, but I can't imagine being able to release to the public any sooner than 3-4 weeks after the beta begins (the details of which I'm hoping to get all worked out this week).

The beta is about 95% done, I've been ironing out the bugs in the new file import/export and sharing features (which uncovered other bugs I needed to fix). Once I'm able to do one more pass through the app without finding any bugs, I'm going to prepare the beta installer to be sent to everyone. As mentioned above, I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to easily distribute it to all the beta testers. I believe I can do this through HockeyApp, which I currently use for capturing crash reports. I'll post and send out emails once I've got a handle on it all.

Mike

Mike, if possible please add me to the beta list. FYI, I'll be testing on a Hannspree 13.3" tablet, running Android 4.2.

Thanks!

-- Ken
If you still need beta testors for the Toshiba 13 and 10 tablets, I’d like to be included. I use Mobile sheets every day for teaching (using a large screen monitor) and performing.
Thanks for all the work you put into this.
Dona
Just wanted to provide a quick status update:

I was very, very close to having the beta ready to go today, but while running through some tests, I found a few bugs that needed to be addressed. I have to travel this week for my day job, but I'll still work on getting things prepared when I can. I still need to compile a list of every person that has asked to beta test, so I will be going through emails and forum posts to ensure I didn't miss anyone.

Thanks everyone for your patience!

Mike
If you need more people for beta testing you can count on me.
If you need more people for beta testing you can count on me.I can test it on a chinese tablet 13.3"
The beta is ready everyone! I'm creating the giant list of emails that will determine who is on the beta testing team. I am using HockeyApp to facilitate the distribution of the beta installer. I will be creating a specific forum area for the beta testing so that people can ask questions and share information. I don't have a manual ready, so I'm expecting a lot of questions. I'll post again once I've finished setting up the team on HockeyApp.

Mike
I have added all of the beta testers on my list to HockeyApp. If you want to beta test and have not been emailed information, please let me know.

Mike