• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Persistant Filters Between Sessions
In my setup, all song files are handled by myself. I maintain them on my desktop and rsync them into place on the external SD card of the tablet.
I did give some thoughts to 'switching databases' on the fly, but unfortunately it is a bit more complex than that.
First, it is not just the database, I'd want to switch the settings as well. To be on the safe side, I'd need to switch the complete file trees /data/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro and /storage/sdcard1/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro .
I could write some shell scripts to do the switching, start MSPro, wait for its completion, and then restore the switching. I could run these commands using a tool like QuickTerminal. I still haven't gotten that far, waiting (hoping) for Mike to implement a far better solution.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(07-08-2016, 02:48 AM)Zuberman Wrote: In order to make the persistent filters fit on the bar, I think the cleanest way to implement them is as follows:  Add two new icons to the left of the additional filters icon. The first icon brings up a dropdown of all of the existing filters with a check next to the currently selected filter. This allows you to quickly switch the active filter.  The second icon is a save icon and provides a dropdown with two options - save and save as.  This approach doesn't use much additional space on the filter bar (which already scrolls horizontally on smaller devices).

How does that sound?

I think this was a great solution to my original suggestion in this thread.  Is it in the hopper to be implemented in the near future?   It would be a great enhancement.
I'm trying to balance and prioritize all of the different requests I'm getting. I don't know in exactly which update I will include this. The more people that ask for it, the higher I'll prioritize it.
Persistent filters are a long standing requests by quite a lot of people as you can see by the contributors in this thread alone. If you need more shoutouts to prioritize this one count this as one by me.
(03-31-2017, 02:14 AM)BRX Wrote: Persistent filters are a long standing requests by quite a lot of people as you can see by the contributors in this thread alone. If you need more shoutouts to prioritize this one count this as one by me.

BRX: Thanks for your support and ideas on this thread.  I think this would be a fantastic enhancement for MS Pro.
A lot of ideas have been tossed around on this subject.  I believe Mike came up with the perfect solution but he is trying to determine the level of interest to determine his work priorities.  As of this date there are almost 2,000 views for this subject.  I'd like to hear from more users in order to get this kick-started.   Cool
I have someone helping implement these features, he is just taking awhile due to a combination of a lack of time and inexperience in Android development. So progress is being made on it, just a little slower than desired.

Mike
(06-27-2017, 04:13 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I have someone helping implement these features, he is just taking awhile due to a combination of a lack of time and inexperience in Android development.  So progress is being made on it, just a little slower than desired.

Mike

Super!  Thanks.