• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Printing problems
This happens consistently. When I select for printing all of a 43-page set of tunes from a setlist, and I select SD storage as the destination, I get fewer than half of the selected pages with any image on them. After page 18 this time, for example, all blank pages. I get all 43 pages, but only 18 with information on them. When I try Print Preview, I see "Rendering" and then the data. I see no "Rendering" after page 18. It is not attempting to render the .pdf data.

So I started from page 19 and tried to go all the way to the end at p 43. This time I got 9 pages with data, the other 16 blank.

After it took 5 tries to get 43 pages printed, it appears that MSP can print up to 8 or 9 pages of tunes from a setlist at a time, mostly. The exception was 18 pages on the first run. I powered off and back on again between tries because I had to use SD storage. Google Drive wasn't working today.
What do you mean by "SD storage"? I'm asking this as there appears to be no commonality between manufacturers as to what certain things are called. If you mean your external SD card, then I am wondering if you really are using it?

The indication is that, somewhere along the line, you are running out of storage/memory space. Since many tablets don't allow write access to the SD card (or only under a limited number of conditions) then it might be that, although you think you're using the external card, you could be using internal space and it's getting filled up.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
What OS version are you currently running? I just printed a setlist with 53 pages and the print preview shows every page. I'm curious what the difference is between the two setlists we are using. If you are running Android 4.4, that might explain some of the problems, as the printing in that version doesn't work as well as 5.x+. I'm also a little curious - if you are just printing to SD storage, why wouldn't you use the Share->Export Files option? Can you try that and see if it works better for you?

Thanks,
Mike
>> why wouldn't you use the Share->Export Files option?
I did that first, before switching to SD storage. Same result plus issues with Google Drive per se.
That's why I sent to SD storage. Thought it might be a cloud issue.
Running Android 5.0, Kernel version 3.10.54..
I have gotten various numbers of pages up to 18, out of a 45-page set, at least 10 times after restarts etc etc over several days.
Apparently that is how my system works.
Would you like me to send you my latest backup?
I would love either a backup or even just that setlist exported to .msf. That way I can try printing the exacting same thing as you.

Thanks,
Mike
(MSPro is why I bought my first glass keyboard. I continue to hold out with my trusty flip phone.) Using my limited skills in this post-desktop age, I just shared a link with you at z.......@......com. I invite you download the requested data.
For some reason I can't seem to locate the email you are referencing. What should I be looking for?

Thanks,
Mike
It does indeed seem to have vanished. I prefer to keep the data private, so I will try again. I will also follow whatever instructions you give to achieve this.
(08-30-2016, 01:17 AM)spencer Wrote: It does indeed seem to have vanished. I prefer to keep the data private, so I will try again. I will also follow whatever instructions you give to achieve this.

I emailed the link to your address on gmail, the one from which you emailed to me when I first joined the forum.
I'm sorry to say I just checked both my zubersoft gmail account and my personal email account, and I have received nothing from you. Can you try emailing mike@zubersoft.com?

Thanks,
Mike
(08-31-2016, 05:40 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I'm sorry to say I just checked both my zubersoft gmail account and my personal email account, and I have received nothing from you.  Can you try emailing mike@zubersoft.com?

Thanks,
Mike

Done.
I have a fix in place now. The problem occurs when more than six PDFs are printed, as I only allow a certain number open at once (to conserve resources). I'm now properly closing/opening PDFs as needed as I go through the print job.

Thanks,
Mike
(09-01-2016, 03:33 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I have a fix in place now. The problem occurs when more than six PDFs are printed, as I only allow a certain number open at once (to conserve resources).  I'm now properly closing/opening PDFs as needed as I go through the print job.

Thanks,
Mike
Just tried the printing fix in the new 1.5.7. Works great! Thanks for the quick turnaround this time!
Once I can reproduce the problems, fixing them gets a heck of a lot easier Smile