• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote controls
In http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...0#pid15970
schatzfinder talks about using a cheap bluetooth selfie button to control MSPro.
Investigating the possibilities I found many cheap selfie buttons, but most of them are either iOS only, of have one big button for iOS and a smaller one for Android. This is, at least, suboptimal.

Is anyone already using a cheap selfie button for this purpose? Which one? What are your experiences?
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
I think the more pressiing problem (oops, unintended pun) is these things all time out after a few minutes. It was this timeout problem that stopped me converting a BT mouse to do the same job, as it's a pound to a penny a timeout will occur at the most inconvenient moment.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
That, indeed, sounds like a killer feature. Lilterally.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(08-29-2016, 06:18 PM)sciurius Wrote: In http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...0#pid15970
schatzfinder talks about using a cheap bluetooth selfie button to control MSPro.
Investigating the possibilities I found many cheap selfie buttons, but most of them are either iOS only, of have one big button for iOS and a smaller one for Android. This is, at least, suboptimal.

Is anyone already using a cheap selfie button for this purpose? Which one? What are your experiences?

I did play with a 5€ selfie button. The iOS button triggers the volume control, the Android button emulates the enter key.

This seems to work if you set it up in MobileSheetsPro. The only drawback was that the iOS button did turn the page and afterwards the Android volume control was invoked. This is fixed in the next version of MobileSheetsPro.

This selfie button has a on/off switch. As I didn't use it for longer time I did not notice a time out. 

In the moment I am on the road and will do some testing when back at home.
Martin
Played around with the selfie button mentioned above. It works perfect with the latest version of MobileSheetsPro. I did NOT notice any time out, e.g. I didn't touch anything for five minutes and it immediately turned the page. Have to test if it goes to sleep if you wait much longer.

Martin
(09-01-2016, 06:05 AM)schatzfinder Wrote: Played around with the selfie button mentioned above. It works perfect with the latest version of MobileSheetsPro. I did NOT notice any time out, e.g. I didn't touch anything for five minutes and it immediately turned the page. Have to test if it goes to sleep if you wait much longer.

Martin

Can you turn the page backwards any way? I assume that MSP can be configured to wrap back to page 1 from the last page, and that works with this button, right?
I think this topic is very interesting.

Though I have an Airturn 106 and the pedal itself is great I'm not getting warm with turning the pages with the foot. Having to use the piano and keyboard pedals and also also habitually tapping with the foot to the rhythm I find it difficult for me to hit it right without looking where exactly it is. Maybe it's just me and just a case of practise.

Anyway, I think for my personal uses a small bluetooth button which just has to page forward would be a better solution. I'm thinking about such a button on a ring worn on the index finger and turned (if worn on the right one) to the right, so one can press it easily with the thumb. It mustn't be to big of course not to hinder the playing.

After googling I also found there are different bluetooth rings already mentioned in development, at Kickstarter and so on but mostly to provide more than just a button (motion detection that is).

I'm curious what you think about such a "button ring" and suggestions how to realize that or if something like that already is available. I guess it should also work for guitar players. What do you think?
This one works great for me. First I didn't like that I had to double click. But then I tried switching the "mode" of the remote ring (hold page up and page down together for a couple of seconds). Then I could go to the Touch and Pedal Settings> Pedal Actions configuration and replace the commands for Previous Page and Next Page. Just opened those settings and clicked the button for each to program the command for a single click.
https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Smartph...B09WDRLZYT