• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlight -Last Used Setlist- in List of Setlists
I know you're really busy, Mike.  I'd like to propose this for in the future when you get a chance. 
I have a couple of dozen setlists.  Sometimes I get a request which is not in the setlist I'm using so I have to exit it.  When I return to the list of setlists I have to visually search for the setlist I'm using.  I think it would be great is you could 'highlight' the last used setlist so I can easily return to it.
A workaround in the meantime could be to sort the setlists for date created or modified assuming you're working with more recent lists. So these would be at the top. Wouldn't work for old unchanged lists but you could change something small to make it most recent and showing at the top.

There's even one better. Use the “find and load song“ feature (left bottom button in song view). If you use the back arrow from that you get back to the song in the setlist where you left.
(10-24-2016, 01:44 AM)BRX Wrote: A workaround in the meantime could be to sort the setlists for date created or modified assuming you're working with more recent lists. So these would be at the top. Wouldn't work for old unchanged lists but you could change something small to make it most recent and showing at the top.

There's even one better. Use the “find and load song“ feature (left bottom button in song view). If you use the back arrow from that you get back to the song in the setlist where you left.

Great ideas.  Thanks.  I like the first one.
I like the second better. :-)

After thinking about your initial suggestion I decided that it would be better not to highlight the recent setlist but maybe to have another sorting item “most recent used“ similar to the extra “newest“ tab for songs. Maybe even for other groups like collections and albums. So I suggest that instead.
(10-24-2016, 05:32 AM)BRX Wrote: I like the second better. :-)

After thinking about your initial suggestion I decided that it would be better not to highlight the recent setlist but maybe to have another sorting item “most recent used“ similar to the extra “newest“ tab for songs. Maybe even for other groups like collections and albums. So I suggest that instead.

The problem with your second suggestion is that it doesn't seem to work in 'performance' mode.  I prefer highlighting the last used setlist  because I still want my setlists in alphabetic order so I can find another one easily.  I thought my suggestion would be a simple modification for Mike to make.  I don't see any value in "most recent used" collection or album.
What do others think?
Perhaps a 'list' or 'group' of setlists would be helpful?

If I had fifty setlists, but only planned to use setlists 1, 7, 13, 23, and 41 for my performance tonight, I could create a 'group' containing those setlists only.

With fewer choices, perhaps it would be easier to get back to the correct setlist after a request?

An added benefit would (hopefully) be the ability to play through the setlists in the planned order without the need for a cheat-sheet or the risk of playing the same set twice.
I could be wrong, it happened once before.
(10-24-2016, 01:22 AM)jagny42 Wrote: I know you're really busy, Mike.  I'd like to propose this for in the future when you get a chance. 
I have a couple of dozen setlists.  Sometimes I get a request which is not in the setlist I'm using so I have to exit it.  When I return to the list of setlists I have to visually search for the setlist I'm using.  I think it would be great is you could 'highlight' the last used setlist so I can easily return to it.
  I'd like to simply 'highlight' the last used setlist in the list of setlists (as stated above).