• 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mobile Sheets for iOS!
Mike, 

A lot of my use case is in making annotations and syncing across many devices usibg Cloud folders as a bridge. 

What's the best way way to branch a cloud backup to prep for beta/new release testing? Do I carbon copy the GDrive "MobileSheets" folder, initiate an "update folder" sync to a brand new folder, or something else?
You can just duplicate/copy the sync folder you've been using and sync to that folder in the iOS version. In theory, if you are setting the sync type to "Update Device", the cloud folder should not be changed in any way, but it's probably best to have a separate folder you can test with when using the iOS beta version.

Mike
Another quick update on the iOS version - I have the connect tablets functionality all working, and am wrapping up testing on the companion app and library sync. There is one thing that I'm waiting for from Apple at the moment - I have requested a permission that is necessary to do some of the networking that my app requires for the connect tablets, library sync and companion app functionality. Until Apple has granted this permission, devices are unable to see each other and you have to use the direct connection options. If Apple does not grant this permission within the next day or so, I may submit the app through TestFlight anyways and users will just have to live with this limitation until I get the permission and can release an update through TestFlight.

Mike
So excited for the release! Would love to be a part of the beta release. I’m using digital sheet music all the time and would love to provide feedback.
Exciting. I've never used the linking/connect feature, but that's always been an intriguing part of the package. Looking forward to seeing the iOS version test (as well as the rumors of a 16+in iPad Pro....)
I’m down to just testing some remaining things with the library sync feature and then the beta version is ready for me to submit to Apple. I hope I can get the WiFi permission I need from Apple by tomorrow, but I’ll just submit it without that capability if I have to.

I wanted to also mention to all the testers that iOS only has Bluetooth LE, and doesn’t support Bluetooth RFCOMM which is what the Android and Windows versions of MobileSheets currently use. This means it will not be possible to connect iPads to Android or Windows devices over Bluetooth at first. WiFi will work fine though. Once I have time, I am going to look into adding Bluetooth LE support in the Android and Windows versions so they can all communicate. So far the Bluetooth LE works wonderfully on my iPads and is far easier to use than the Bluetooth option on Android and Windows. You don’t have to pair devices or mess with the device settings at all. My hope is that it will work just as well on Android and Windows, as it would then be the recommended Bluetooth connection type for all platforms. 

Mike
Vielen Dank, Mike Für die guten Neuigkeiten.
Bin sehr gespannt, wenn du die Beta raus gibst und freue mich schon aufs Testen.
That’s great news, I'm really excited to see the beta version closing in :-)
(11-04-2022, 01:59 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I’m down to just testing some remaining things with the library sync feature and then the beta version is ready for me to submit to Apple. I hope I can get the WiFi permission I need from Apple by tomorrow, but I’ll just submit it without that capability if I have to.

Great news on your progress.  I connect Mobilesheets instances over the Internet for page turning (we play remotely using Jamulus).  This works fine between Android/Windows versions.  I'm guessing that, if you get the Apple permission, it will work for iOS as well as this is probably the same as "wifi".
I have uploaded the first beta build to TestFlight to start the beta testing! I am going to slowly add testers to ensure that I don't get overwhelmed by any initial issues if there are any. Apple still have to approve the first build before it will be distributed to the testers, so I'm not sure how much of a delay that will introduce. I would like all of the testers in this thread to do the following for me:

1) If you have a different email address you would like me to use other than the one you registered on the forum with, please send that to me either through a private message on the forums or to mike@zubersoft.com
2) Please send me your first and last name either through a private message or an email, as Apple seems to want this listed for each tester that will be included.
3) When sending me your first and last name, please include whether you are an existing MobileSheets user or new user, just so I can keep track of this.

Thanks everyone for being willing to help test and for patiently waiting all this time! I'm excited to hear feedback on how the iOS version works for everyone. Also, just to reiterate, there may be bugs throughout the app, as I tried to test the most common settings, but I have not thoroughly tested everything yet.

Mike
I also want to provide one more piece of information - MobileSheets will only work on devices running iOS 13.6 or higher. While I would have liked to support older versions, I needed access to functionality that was only available in iOS 13. I also did not test the MIDI or automatic scrolling functionality much before submitting the first update, so I'll be directing my attention to that today. If I find any major issues, I'll submit a second update as soon as Apple approves the first.

I have also set up a new forum for reporting issues with the iOS beta here: https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...um-32.html

Mike
The build has been approved and is now available for testing! Users should only need to accept the invitation and then install the app through TestFlight.

I also should mention that a new companion app version has been released that can connect to the iOS version of MobileSheets. Testers will need to install that if they want to use the companion app.

Mike
I'm compiling the list of known issues in the other thread, and will look to release a build either later day or tomorrow at the latest to address most of the issues being reported. Thanks everyone - I knew there'd be some issues at the start, but just wanted to get things in place.

Mike
I’m in. Woo hoo!
Just wanted to let everyone know that a 2nd build was released that fixes a large amount of issues, so all testers should install that one as soon as possible.

Mike