• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatic audio link
I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before. However, I couldn't find any information after searching the forum.

What criteria is necessary for audio to automatically be linked to a .pdf in MobileSheetsPro? In the settings menu it says that only the file names have to be the same but I have tried to import audio and .pdfs with the same file name and they do not automatically link it would seem.

I'm running the latest version of MobileSheetsPro on a Kocaso MX1080. I have also tried deleting all metadata besides the file name for the audio files but this did not help.

Thanks.
Did you go to Settings->Import Settings and check "Automatically Add Matching Audio"?
(06-23-2016, 06:32 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Did you go to Settings->Import Settings and check "Automatically Add Matching Audio"?

Yes.
It would help to know the exact approach you are using to import the files. If I go to Import->Local File, and select a PDF file from a directory with the previously mentioned setting activated, a matching audio file will automatically be associated with the new song. Are you trying this same approach and it doesn't work? It should also work with the batch import. I'm not sure if it works with the song editor - I will have to verify this.
(06-24-2016, 04:05 PM)Zuberman Wrote: It would help to know the exact approach you are using to import the files. If I go to Import->Local File, and select a PDF file from a directory with the previously mentioned setting activated, a matching audio file will automatically be associated with the new song. Are you trying this same approach and it doesn't work? It should also work with the batch import.  I'm not sure if it works with the song editor - I will have to verify this.

I have tried both of the methods you mentioned above (with local file and batch import).

When you say "the song editor" are you referring to the PC companion or the app's onboard song editor? From the option to add matching audio in settings I was under the impression that it would add audio to a new song created by importing a .pdf. Regardless, when I import a .pdf with the same name as an .mp3 from the same subdirectory no .mp3 shows up anywhere in the app.
Something must have broken with this feature. I will investigate and let you know what I find. Sorry for the inconvenience.

UPDATE:
I appear to be checking for the matching .mp3 in the storage location instead of the in the original source directory (which doesn't make any sense). This is why it's not working. It currently will only work for people who have unchecked "Manage My Files" in the storage settings. I will get this fixed in the next update.

It also works in the song editor. If you tap "New" on the main library screen with the Songs or Recent tabs selected, then tap the folder icon, then select the PDF, it will find the matching audio file correctly.
Awesome, that worked. Thanks so much!
Hello

I have version 2.9.6
Mass audio import doesn't work, doesn't find correct pdf file despite same name.
Please give me a hint