• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Important steps to take before updating to Android 11
A number of users have recently reported issues when updating their devices to Android 11 that resulted in a loss of access to the files in their library. After some investigation, I discovered the source of these problems - restoring a library backup from the free version of MobileSheets with the option to restore settings enabled. When this occurs, the paid version of MobileSheetsPro is changing its storage location to the application data directory of the free version, namely: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetsfree/files. On Android 10 and below, there is no problem with doing this, so users have never encountered any problems in the past. Android 11 changes the rules and permissions with file access though, and applications can no longer access the OS-assigned directories used by other applications.

An update has been released to address this issue, so if a backup file from the free version is restored into the paid version, and the free version's default storage location was used, the paid version will not use that as the storage location. For users that may have already restored a backup file from the free version, please go to Settings->Storage and check to see if the storage location is set to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetsfree/files. If it is, I would highly recommend tapping the "Set MobileSheets Storage Location" setting, tapping the SD card to select the default storage location path, and then tapping OK. The files in the library will be moved to the correct directory and no issues will be encountered in the future. It is very important this is done before updating a device to Android 11 to prevent MobileSheetsPro from losing access to the files. For users that have already updated their device to Android 11 and are seeing a problem, either contact me at mike@zubersoft.com for assistance with fixing the library, and/or read this post: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=7570

Mike