• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
keep screen on no longer works
I am running the beta version of chrome os on my Acer Chromebook Spin 713.  Sometime in the last few updates, the "keep screen on" option in MobileSheetsPro stopped working.  I'm not sure whether it's something new in the beta version or whether something has changed in MSP.  Anybody else notice this?
I am experiencing the same thing; screen goes black after a while even when on a score...is there a fix?
What type of device are you using, what Android OS version is it running and how often are you encountering this problem? I never responded to the original post as it's not something I've seen on my ChromeOS device (a Google Pixel Slate) which is on the beta channel as well. I was hoping another user might comment if they've experienced it. Nothing in MobileSheetsPro has changed related to this in a very long time. If you've set Settings->Other Settings->Keep Screen On to "While Viewing Scores" then MobileSheetsPro should be requesting that the screen not be turned off. I'm not sure if ChromeOS has a setting that overrides this request. I'll run some tests on my ChromeOS device just in case.

Mike
I'm on a Google Pixelbook model COA; Chrome OS Version 98.0.4758.91 (Official Build) (64-bit).  
I can't say when the problem started, because I wasn't using sheets for a while (being lazy while our orchestra was out due to Covid), but noticed the problem yesterday and today when practicing.  I do have it set for keep screen on while displaying a score.  Not the end of the world; it stays on as long as I turn pages fairly frequently, and I have a separate plugin that I can use to keep the screen on, just mildly annoying. 
Thanks for checking!
Using Pixel Slate which is on the stable channel and everything is working nominally.
Tested yesterday with current versions.
I'm not able to reproduce the problem - the screen seems to stay on indefinitely on my Pixel Slate as well. I'm not sure what's different about your Pixelbook... it might be worth performing a factory reset, but backup your library in MobileSheetsPro under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library first and store the backup on the cloud to ensure you can restore your library quickly and easily.

Mike
Thanks for looking into it; sounds like it is device specific.  I'm probably not going for the reset (I use the Pixelbook for too many things for it to be worth the hassle), and perhaps a future OS update will fix it.  Meanwhile, I can use my chrome plugin to lock the screen on when needed.  Thanks again for looking into it!
(02-14-2022, 10:53 AM)rocek Wrote: Thanks for looking into it; sounds like it is device specific.  I'm probably not going for the reset (I use the Pixelbook for too many things for it to be worth the hassle), and perhaps a future OS update will fix it.  Meanwhile, I can use my chrome plugin to lock the screen on when needed.  Thanks again for looking into it!

Just a follow-up; I don't know whether it was one of the operating system updates or a sheets update, but the problem has gone way; the screen stays on now.
Thanks for the update! Glad to hear it was fixed by the OS update (there was no app update for that).

Mike