• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Known issues with MobileSheets iOS beta version 1.0.0 (Build 6)
I have another suggestion on the following point, which has also bothered me with the Windows version of MobileSheets:
1) Zooming gets progressively slower the more you zoom in.

Once you zoom in and slide the page back and forth, it looks and feels very unnatural, as the movement stops as soon as you take your finger off the tablet.
It would look a bit more natural if the movement would "fade out" after the release.

Thanks and many greetings
Tobias
Nach dem Importieren des Backups der kompletten Bibliothek fehlen die Tonarten in der DB.
Das Feld ist bei allen Songs nicht beschrieben und somit ohne Inhalt.
Gruß Roland

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Serafin - I'll check on that a bit, but with chord pro files, there are always going to be issues with the positions of annotations, because the page doesn't have a fixed size, and the different resolutions and densities of displays means the text won't align the same on different tablets. There are some proposed features to get around this, such as defining a fixed page size for the chord pro file in the settings, and then MobileSheets would layout the file with that size and then scale the resulting image up or down to fit the screen. This would ensure the file looks the same on every device and the annotations would always show up the same way (at least in theory). The iPad has a different aspect ratio and high resolution, so this is going to increase the liklihood that annotations in chord pro files won't be positioned the same when compared to an Android tablet, at least until I implemented the fixed page size option.

tru/Tobias - I will look into all of the issues you've reported. As far as the scrolling behavior, I can definitely look into adding inertia while scrolling. I'm not sure if that will make it into the original release of the iOS version, but if not, it will be shortly after. 

MB10 - The two finger tap should work when stylus mode is enabled (at least it does on Android and Windows), so I'll have to get that working.

Rolle0203/Roland - I'll see if I can reproduce that issue. That's a strange one though because the keys are stored in the database like everything other piece of data like collections, genres, etc, so there really isn't a way the keys wouldn't be transferred. It's more likely there is a display issue of some kind where maybe that UI field just isn't showing the keys for some reason, or something along those lines.

Thanks everyone,
Mike
A few things:

- When using Pen, Highlighter, or Eraser, if your pen goes off the sheet, what you already annotated disappears.  (different from Windows version)

- In annotation mode, if you click-and-hold one of the annotation tools (pen, highlighter, etc), and then select another tool, you can't go back to the one that you clicked-and-held.  Requires restarting app to clear.

- In annotation mode, if you display the Layers window, then make some annotations, the annotations don't show up in the Layers list.  This seems to only happen when starting with a new sheet that has no existing layers.  If there are already existing layers, then new layers do show up in the list as you make annotations.

I think the ability to swipe left/right on song titles in the library screen is new for Mac? I find it doesn't add much value for me. Swipe-right is "Delete," and I never really use that often (if I need it, I prefer to be able to hold to select and make sure I have the right file and choose the right action). Swipe right is "Edit" and I usually only edit pieces when I'm first importing them. They just don't seem like "quick" actions to me.

On Android, I'm able to swipe left on the library screen and it reloads the last song I was viewing, which is actually a pretty useful function.
I think I'm going to need to hear feedback from more users before making any decisions involving the leading/trailing swipe actions. I wanted to incorporate those options because it seems like something users would encounter a lot on iOS (I could be wrong with that though). The swipe behavior on Android is something custom that I implemented, so I don't want to put forth the effort to add that on iOS unless the majority of users would prefer me getting rid of the leading/trailing swipe actions and going back to being able to swipe left/right to go from the current song list back to the top level tab or back to viewing whatever was loaded.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike, your reply about annotations in chordpro files made me wonder.

I'm no expert, but a bigtime user, of chordpro.

I've set my two finger zoom settings to "zoom" so that i can annotate accurately. Usually, i include some numbers/intervals above intro chords to help me remind what the motif is. Or to indicate dynamics (pp mf ff etc)

Device2device sync still fails to fully complete, but most is transferred from tab s3 to ipad 6.

Anyway, transferred annotations make no sense on the ipad since they're far out of place. Understandable given the idea/reflow of chordpro's nature

Just an idea though: would it be able to sync the exact 'host' view (+ annotations) to the 'client' device (perhaps a checkbox)?
I use my ipad primarily as a backup, so exact 'mirroring' is my biggest interest Smile
That's not going to be possible without an option to force a specific page size for the chord pro file, which I believe I mentioned. If each device renders the chord pro file to the same page dimensions, then they would appear the same on each device. Alternatively, you can always convert to PDF if you don't need any of the dynamic capabilities of chord pro files. Just use Share->Export files, make sure "Export annotations" is checked, and a PDF will be generated. You can then select the song and use the swap file feature to swap in the PDF for the chord pro file.

Mike