• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selective sync
As far as I know, sync is currently an all or nothing proposition. That is, I know that there is an option for the user to decide if individual files are sync'ed or not, but all Songs are considered in this process. It would be helpful if there was an option to sync by Collection. When I'm playing in different groups I'd like to be able to manage the files for each group separately. So for example, if I want to remove all the files from one group, but not files for other groups, I could do that if I sync'ed by Collection. I use multiple devices, and sync them all to common cloud folders, so that I always have access to all the files. I just don't always want all of them on any given device. I don't know if this is a common issue.
This has come up before (https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...-4766.html) and it's been on my list of things to do for a while. It was delayed for quite some time due to the annotations rework and then the iOS version. I'm just working on feature enhancements now, so I should be able to make the necessary changes at some point next year, hopefully within with the first half.

Mike
I second the request for this feature.

I play in various groups/bands. Many musicians use iPads and the onsong app. It's commonplace to share a song during rehearsals via airdrop.

A similar song/setlist function (longpress.. share via.. bluetooth/whatever) would bring MSP up to par with the competition imo.
You should already be able to send a .msf file over bluetooth on Android and Windows. Apple does not allow file transfers over bluetooth except through Airdrop though, so there isn't much I can do there. I am looking into trying to get a bluetooth LE connection working between Android or Windows and iPadOS, but I've read that people have had varying levels of success with this, so I'm not getting my hopes up. If you want to transfer over WiFi, you could of course just export a setlist to .msf and have other users import that .msf off the cloud. The sync library feature will certainly work for this, and will provide a means to sync over WiFi which does work with the iPad version, but it seems like it might be a little cumbersome. I may need to consider adding another share option, like "Share over WiFi" where one device acts a server and other devices can directly connect to get the file. It's the same basic concept as synchronizing the library with a filter, but would be a little more straightforward/intuitive if you really just want to duplicate a setlist on multiple devices without needing to control what is synchronized. The one limitation with .msf files right now is that it is all or nothing - you can't import a .msf to update existing songs without replacing annotations. I may need to consider adding options for that as well so that .msf files can be used in a simlar manner to the library sync functionality for transferring setlists, individual songs/pieces, etc. 

Mike
I "third" this idea.
I use the wifi sync to get my church set of tablets updated, but would like to filter by collection to exclude non-church music in the sync.

Currently my process is sync one tablet, delete a bunch of stuff, and then sync that tablet to the rest of them. Would be much quicker if I could avoid copying hundreds of files the first time.
SmarTab StreaMachine 13.3", Android 4.4.4
Samsung Galaxy Book 12, Windows 10
Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G, Android 11
AirTurn PED
An I "fourth" it. A sync by selection would be great and if possible with Collections, Albums, Setlists, single selected files and so forth.

It would really speed the syncs up if only few (known) changes have happened. Also it would be possible to sync with devices with less
space. For instance my old iPad only has 16 GB and I can and want to use it only for some selected collections. My new iPad has much
more space and holds easily my database and songs of > 50 GB which obviously can't be synced between devices.