• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Midi Channel changes on all songs in setlist
#1
Wink 
Hello, a new MobileSheets user, and loving it!  Big Grin

I've created a set list, and I manually entered the Midi data for each song.  I've done two gigs with that file.

However, I made some changes in my VST host (Gig Performer), and somehow, the Midi channel in Mobile Sheets changed in the entire set list (about 43 songs).

I've tried setting the single Midi send/receive in the settings, but that does not go back and update my set list.

Is there a way to bulk / batch change all the midi channels?   

Here is the Windows version (3.6.9) of MobileSheets that I am using:

[Image: znSbo6TgRwb]
Reply
#2
The only way to change the MIDI channels for multiple commands is to run SQL queries on the database file. I can try to walk you through that if you want. Otherwise you would need to modify each song to change the commands as there isn't a batch editing type capability for MIDI commands at the moment. I should mention that, by default, MobileSheets does not allow sending to multiple channels. With that behavior, you can just change the default send/receive MIDI channels and all messages will be sent on those defaults. If you enable the option to send on different channels, then you will have to update the commands as they will no longer use the default.

Mike
Reply
#3
(01-25-2023, 06:42 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The only way to change the MIDI channels for multiple commands is to run SQL queries on the database file. I can try to walk you through that if you want. Otherwise you would need to modify each song to change the commands as there isn't a batch editing type capability for MIDI commands at the moment. I should mention that, by default, MobileSheets does not allow sending to multiple channels. With that behavior, you can just change the default send/receive MIDI channels and all messages will be sent on those defaults. If you enable the option to send on different channels, then you will have to update the commands as they will no longer use the default.

Mike

Thank you, Mike, for the quick reply.

I probably could run some queries in SQL, I have some limited experience with those types of database files.   I was going to upload a couple of screen shots to show what is happening.

Right now, with only 40 or so songs, I can do it manually.  However, as I continue to build my list with MobileSheets, if this happens again, the batch fix is going to be the only way.  My library has over 600 songs, and I don't want to build that out manually with the same midi command only to have a random change in midi channel again.

Thanks again for your quick help!  Love this product!
Reply
#4
Download a SQLite editor such as SQLiteStudio (https://www.sqlitestudio.pl/) and execute the following:

Update MIDI Set Channel = 1

Replace the 1 with whatever channel you want. That would update every MIDI command in your entire library to use the specified channel.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Mike
Reply


Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)


  Theme © 2014 iAndrew  
Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2023 MyBB Group.