• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OneDrive sync fail
Hi,

I'm having trouble syncing to a cloud folder in OneDrive. During the sync operation I often get the error message "java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method 'java.lang.String a8.c.getAbsolutePath()' ", and the sync fails.

It seems I get this error when I try to edit an already synced file on my Android device, and then start the cloud folder sync operation. 

How I reproduce the error:
1. Wipe all MobileSheets data from my Android device, to start fresh
2. Create one new song on my Android device, with one new .cho file
3. Sync this to a new OneDrive folder (this works fine)
4. Make non-file changes, e.g. add a genre to the song
5. Sync to the same OneDrive folder (still works fine)
6. Edit the .cho file, by adding more lyrics for example
7. Try to sync to OneDrive again --> This fails with the above error message. 

If I try to sync against a Dropbox folder instead, the sync succeeds. 

Does this sound like a bug, or am I doing something wrong?
I'll run some tests right now to see if I can reproduce what you are describing. I have a lot of OneDrive adjustments coming with the next update, including better support for shared files/folders, so it's possible I've already fixed the issue, but I will verify just in case.

Mike
I encountered no errors with my latest changes on my Samsung Tab S4 while following your steps. So you can test again after the update is released in the next day or two to see if the problem has been addressed.

Thanks,
Mike
The folder I am syncing to is indeed a subdirectory of a shared folder. 
I tried the same procedure now against a non-shared OneDrive folder, and the problem did not manifest. Thank you!

Sounds like you are already onto the shared folder problem, so looking forward to the next update!