• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wish for Companion Interface
Hi - I would love for it to be easier to make edits to song fields in the Companion.

When I right click on a song and choose Edit Song, it opens the editing screen. For about a quarter of a second, the Fields screen is visible, then it immediately jumps to the files tab and loads the pdf. And I have to move the mouse to the top and choose the Fields Tab.

Then I discovered the check mark under the Settings Tab next to "Preview Files While Editing." I thought, great, that will speed things up - no. It follows the same behavior, only it spins and spins, instead of loading the file. Either way, it takes extra time to choose the Fields Tab every time, since all I want to do to is edit fields, not change files. To me, it would make more sense for the Fields tab to be visible and then, choose the other tabs if needed.

The other thing that would be so helpful, would be left and right arrow keys inside the Edit Song Screen, that could allow jumping to the next song in the library list without having to exit that screen. I've seen this in other apps, like a music player/catalog I have on my computer. There's also a keyboard shortcut that activates jumping to the next or previous song, and you're able to stay in the edit screen for fields of the songs. It could really speed things up when adding data.

Thanks for listening!