• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version 3.8.14 of MobileSheets has been released
ersion 3.8.14 of MobileSheets is now available for Android and iPadOS, and the Windows update is pending approval from Microsoft. This update contains a few important fixes and the addition of a new library window that can be used to change songs or setlists without having to return to the library screen. The library window is movable, resizable, collapsable and respects the night mode setting. I'm looking forward to hearing feedback on this new feature. The full list of changes can be found below:

Common Changes
  • Added new library window that can be displayed while viewing a song or setlist. This provides a way to quickly switch songs or setlists without needing to return to the library screen.
  • The new library window can be accessed through the menu at the bottom left corner of the song overlay, a touch action, pedal action, midi action or the quick action box
  • Added optimizations when importing CSVs containing audio file paths
  • Fixed bug where link points and smart buttons could be duplicated when changing the page order of a song
  • Fixed issue where the page could be scrolled off the screen in some scenarios
  • Fixed issue where the annotation text tool would sometimes not correctly reflect the current size of the annotation being edited
  • The scroll settings dialog will now use the song duration by default when selecting the behavior to scroll the entire song in a fixed duration of time
  • Added additional code to make MobileSheets more resilient to connection errors while synchronizing to Google Drive
  • Fixed issue with shared OneDrive folders where the "Shared with Me" parent folder would not be shown correctly in some situations
  • Fixed issue where toggling performance mode could cause the audio player to be displayed
Android v3.8.14
  • Fixed issue where the next up title bar would be triggered to go to the next song when swiping down from the top of the screen
  • The last used color filter should now correctly be selected when taking pictures with the camera feature
  • Added new icon to control whether pictures are automatically captured when the page border is detected when using the camera feature
Windows v3.8.14
  • Removed code that would attempt to restore the state of previous sessions as it was unreliable
iPadOS v3.8.14
  • Removed minimum window size restrictions that caused crashes on some MacOS devices
  • Fixed out of memory crash that would occur when exporting large documents
  • Fixed issue with displaying legacy stamps from older libraries
  • Fixed bug with long pressing favorites in the command bar

I am currently working on a lot of new features for version 3.9.0 as highlighted at the bottom of this post: https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...10293.html. If no significant issues are reported, I will try to hold off on any more updates until I'm able to roll out all of the new features at once.

Mike
Hi Mike, 
the New library window is very nice!
If there could be the option to toggle on/off "always load last viewed page" without going to the settings of MSP this would be perfect. :-)
Thanks
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
Hi Mike,
l like the new library window as well.
Maybe it could do with it's own font size setting ....

I did note however it always crashes MS, in the following scenario (repeatable) . (Galaxy tab S7 FE Android 13)
When in a setlist, displayi a song, then display the new library window and choose a different song in that new window. Have tried that 4 times and MS just dissapeared on me 4 times 

Thanks

Rudy
(09-06-2023, 05:08 PM)Rey_a Wrote: Hi Mike,
l like the new library window as well.
Maybe it could do with it's own font size setting ....

I did note however it always crashes MS, in the following scenario (repeatable) . (Galaxy tab S7 FE Android 13)
When in a setlist, displayi a song, then display the new library window and choose a different song in that new window. Have tried that 4 times and MS just dissapeared on me 4 times 

Thanks

Rudy

Hi Rudy, 

i own a Galaxy S7FE too and here the new library window works without crashing mobilesheets.
So it seems not to be a general Problem.

Michael
Hi Michael,

You did try it within a setlist didn't you ??
Because outside of a setlist it works fine for me too..

So far I have tested it on 3 differnt Android devices (Galaxy S7FE/Android13, Galaxy S23/Android 13 and on an old HP Slate 17/Android 4.4) and MS crashes on all of them when using the new window from within a setlist.

On my iPad all is fine. No crash

Rudy
(09-06-2023, 08:38 PM)Rey_a Wrote: Hi Michael,

You did try it within a setlist didn't you ??
Because outside of a setlist it works fine for me too..

So far I have tested it on 3 differnt Android devices (Galaxy S7FE/Android13, Galaxy S23/Android 13 and on an old HP Slate 17/Android 4.4) and MS crashes on all of them when using the new window from within a setlist.

On my iPad all is fine. No crash

Rudy

Yes, i tried it in a setlist.
I loaded a whole setlist, changed pages and then used the new library window to open a new song (from the same setlist or from all songs).  Worked as expected.

I tried this with different libraries... snd its working on my phone too.
Thanks for reporting back Michael!

It must be something specific about my library or the settings I am using in MS then ....

Hopefully Mike can figure it out.

Update: Just got the Windows update of MS, and there all is fine as well. 

So this just seems to be an Android issue ... 

Rudy
Thanks Rudy - I'm seeing some crash reports, so I will push out a quick patch to address the crash. I've also gotten some feedback about having an option to automatically collapse or close the window after selecting a song, so I'm going to add an option for that in a following update.

Mike
Thanks Mike !

Rudy
The update is already here. Problem solved!

Thanks Mike!

After playing around a bit with the new window ... I wonder if a position marker (visual indication in the new library window of the currently displayed song) would not be useful ...
Glad to hear that! I can certainly add an option for that, although right now the library window utilizes a lot of shared code with the library screen. The library screen doesn't have support for highlighting the currently active song, so I'll have to figure out how to redesign it to support that. It also gets complicated if the same song exists multiple times in the current setlist, as I would need to only highlight the one that corresponds to the instance that is currently displayed, however that only applies when viewing a setlist.

Thanks,
Mike
WOW !!!

I just discovered that the ’title’ of the new library window is a dropdown. One can choose (switch to)  each of the tabs there. GREAT!!
I tried to make that a little more obvious by adding the little dropdown arrow next to the title. I wanted a really concise way to both display the title but also provide a way to switch tabs. I think the end result works pretty well.

Mike
It was indeed that little arrow that made me discover this.
I think it works very well too!
The new library window is very nice, especially if one puts it on the 3 O'Clock configurable button of the quickbox. (I think it would be nice if all 4 could be configurable, BTW).
Also nice is the minimize option of the library screen. I still think it would be nice to have two ore more tabs for different scores, but with the new library window you can put that request to very low priority.

Thanks for the update.