• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rehearsal letters as annotations
I'm a new user of MobileSheets and yesterday I needed to add rehearsal letters to a score during a rehearsal. I couldn't see them in the standard stamp window although I did see capital letters in jazz font in the jazz and chord sections of the stamp menu. I ended up using the text annotations with a border, but this was time consuming. Is it possible to have boxed rehearsal letters added to the standard stamps menu. Or is there an easier way to do it?
You can add your own custom stamps. Open the stamp window, tap the User category at the top and then tap the + icon. You can add image files or svg files (.svg is preferred if possible as they will scale to any size without a loss in quality). 

Mike
I'm actually kind of surprised this isn't available as "default" stamps.  I had to add rehearsal letters to a choral anthem a few months ago (during rehearsal, as the director was telling us where rehearsal marks were going), and yes, it was kind of a pain.  I didn't think of/have time to check if a user has created stamps of their own for the community.
The "Default" stamps are all collected from different music font (.ttf) files. None of the standard music fonts that I looked at included symbols for boxed letters. For each stamp a user would like added to the defaults, I would have to custom design it as part of a font, which is not an easy process. I also cannot guess what every user is going to need, so I need to hear feedback from a lot of users if there are stamps that everyone believes should be included with the app.

Mike
I've no idea what rehearsal letters are but based on your description of text with an outline box, why  don't you set up a favourite style for this purpose? This would allow you to easily select the size, colour weight etc before typing the letter of your choice.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6