• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Files - name in Library
Hi,

Great program, I am absolutely loving it so far.[Image: biggrin.gif]

One thing though, I am trying to understand how to format the titles of mp3 files that appear in the Library.
Right now, all songs are listed by "Song Title", except audio files are being listed by "Artist - Song Title".
I can't find any way to change this and have them appear in order of "Song Title" the same as charts.

Most of those filenames are "Song Title - Artist. mp3", but some are different, so it is not a problem with the filenames. The mp3 tags are all correct, both title and artist are as they should be. However, MobileSheet displays audio file Titles as "Artist - Title"

Is there anyway to change this and have the Library display either only the title, or at least the title first, then the artist name?

Dan
Dan,

Load a song, bring up the audio player, tap the gear icon for the settings, and uncheck "Show Artist with Title". It will now only display the title obtained from the audio file. Is this what you were looking for?

Mike
(04-20-2016, 03:36 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Dan,

Load a song, bring up the audio player, tap the gear icon for the settings, and uncheck "Show Artist with Title". It will now only display the title obtained from the audio file. Is this what you were looking for?

Mike
Thanks for the reply, Mike.

Sounds exactly what I m looking for. However, it doesn't seem to work. After uncheking that option, the artist name still appears ahead of the song title in the library. Or does this setting only work when importing the songs at first, which means I need to re-import the songs again?

Dan

cc
If you are using the song title formatting to display audio titles on the library screen, that uses the audio title that was saved when the file was first imported. If the audio file was imported and contained no title in the metadata (but artist was found), then my code does join together artist with the file name. Otherwise, the title extracted from the audio file metadata would be used. Based on all that, did the files you imported have the title/artist tags filled out when they were first created?

Mike
(04-21-2016, 12:25 AM)Zuberman Wrote: If you are using the song title formatting to display audio titles on the library screen, that uses the audio title that was saved when the file was first imported.  If the audio file was imported and contained no title in the metadata (but artist was found), then my code does join together artist with the file name.  Otherwise, the title extracted from the audio file metadata would be used.  Based on all that, did the files you imported have the title/artist tags filled out when they were first created?

Mike
Thanks again for the reply, Mike.

When I imported the audio files, I had
1: "Populate Metadata from Directories" checked on the audio import screen,
      The Directories were %COLLECTION% for most,
      but %COLLECTION%/%ARTIST%/%ALBUM% when importing full albums.
      I did a separate batch import for each of those two cases.
2: "Populate Metadata When Importing Audio" in the import settings in "Settings" was also set. Finally,
3:  the default title was "Guess from filename".

Note that all my audio files have correct title and artist mp3 tags, at least for Title and Artist.
The filename format I use for most is : "Title - Artist.mp3",
although some are "Track no, then Title": Those are the ones where I imported a full album.

However, all the audio files in the MobileSheets library screen have as the Title, "artist - title" and they are both correct, even though not what I am looking for, i.e., just the Title itself.

Does having "#1 or #2 above override the "Title" mp3 tag?

How does "Guess from filename" interpret names with the name format that I use, i.e. "Title - Artist.mp3"?
Is it possible that "guess from filename" overrides the mp3 tag, but interprets the name before the dash (-) as being the artist and the name after as being the Title? But that would not explain the entries of full albums where the filename does not include the artist, but the track no.

I hope I am being clear enough, this is all a tiny bit confusing to me.[Image: confused.gif]

Dan
Your choices in #1 and #2 should have had no impact on the title assigned to the audio files. The "Guess from filename" will use the exact filename you provide (minus the extension and any other stripped characters).

It sounds like there may be an issue here, so I'll look into it ASAP and get back to you with more information.

Mike
(04-22-2016, 07:44 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Your choices in #1 and #2 should have had no impact on the title assigned to the audio files.  The "Guess from filename" will use the exact filename you provide (minus the extension and any other stripped characters).

It sounds like there may be an issue here, so I'll look into it ASAP and get back to you with more information.

Mike

ok, thanks Mike.

If I get any others ideas or details that may help you, I'll post it in this thread.

Dan
Dan,

Turns out that I made a number of mistakes and forced the audio file titles to be saved with artist at the beginning. I've had to rework the implementation so that I store artist independently so that the it can optionally be displayed in the media player. This fix will be included in the next update.

Mike
(04-27-2016, 03:18 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Dan,

Turns out that I made a number of mistakes and forced the audio file titles to be saved with artist at the beginning. I've had to rework the implementation so that I store artist independently so that the it can optionally be displayed in the media player. This fix will be included in the next update.

Mike

OK, great and thanks, Mike.

It's not a problem for the meantime anyway,
but eventually as I add more files, it would have become a problem.

Cheers,
Dan
Unfortunately, due to the way it was coded before, existing audio files can't be fixed. You will need to remove the audio file in the song editor and then add it back so the title and artist are independently populated. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Mike