• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archiving Old Setlists
My list of set lists is starting to fill up.

Can I create a collections to store set lists?   So if I went into a collection (let's say, "Old Setlists from [insert] band"), and I click on a set list, the set list would open up?

Is there something similar I could do to archive/hide old set lists? So, I can still access them, but the would not be in the same list with more active/recent set lists.

Jeff
I name my setlists yyyy-mm-dd_Band_Event and have the setlist tab sorted alfabetically in descending order (checkbox "Ascending" OFF). So I have the recent setlists on top and the old ones get out of sight. Only to see older setlists I have to scroll down.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

You definitely can't store collecttions in a setlist. Another user requested that I add the ability to archive setlists, so this may be something I'll have to look into adding in the future. There would then need to be a toggle to view the archived setlists so you could access them or unarchive them if desired.

Mike
After a gig I rename the setlist by prepending "ZZ" so at least it moves to the bottom of the list and more or less out of sight.
An archive feature would be nice, but low priority.

When we have the possibility to use different databases for different projects, old setlists for a particular project would no longer bother the other projects.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Hello, Mike,

Actually, I was looking to store Set Lists in a Collection.  (Maybe call the Collection "Older Set Lists").  But, I'm guessing that would not work.

Judging from the work-arounds mentioned (due to the success/longetivity  of the software), other people have the same issue I do (building up a substantial number of older set lists).

So, I would vote for an archive function so you can retain and access old set lists when needed, but have the option to store them in a location separate from more active/recent set lists.

Jeff
I'm not a pro, so this is a question from the audience, do y'all actually use old set lists?
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
I primarily use old lists to ensure that we don't play the same songs on subsequent visits to a venue

My name format is "venue yyyy-mm-dd" with an ascending A-Z sort  (Before that, I used to use descending sort to put the most recent version at the top of the letter section).

I only have five active setlists so, after reading the above posts, I have added a space character to the start of each active setlist name (it displays the same to the eye). This pushes the active setlists into the # category. While it does mean that you can't use the letter keys to jump through the list, this shouldn't matter as the active ones should be in alphabetical order at the top of the first opened page.

When a setlist is no longer required, the leading space character can be removed to move it back into the correct letter group for that venue. This requires minimal changes to my way of working

Not perfect but more than adequate for what I require.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Not a pro, but yes I use old setlists of my (amateur) jazz bands for not playing the same stuff at recurring venues or to whip up a quick setlist if I don't have the mind to make a new one.

I organize them like itsme incidentally.

So an archive function is welcome here.
I use old set lists all the time.  As a base to create a new set list, just to know what songs we played in a prior gig, etc., to know what I played if I sat in with a band a don't regularly play with. . . . .
Thanks for the uses y'all.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(04-25-2018, 09:02 AM)itsme Wrote: I name my setlists yyyy-mm-dd_Band_Event and have the setlist tab sorted alfabetically in descending order (checkbox "Ascending" OFF). So I have the recent setlists on top and the old ones get out of sight. Only to see older setlists I have to scroll down.

I do it almost the same as itsme, except I use an abbreviation of the Band Name before the date fields.

So for playing at church next Sunday, the Set List Name would be 'BCRC 2018-04-29'

This way, church set lists are filed in chronological order, newest first, under the letter B.

For the Choir I sing in, I'm playing bass for our next concert, so it would be 'MCE 2018-05-06', appropriately filed under M.
(04-26-2018, 08:28 AM)akoster Wrote:
(04-25-2018, 09:02 AM)itsme Wrote: I name my setlists yyyy-mm-dd_Band_Event and have the setlist tab sorted alfabetically in descending order (checkbox "Ascending" OFF). So I have the recent setlists on top and the old ones get out of sight. Only to see older setlists I have to scroll down.

I do it almost the same as itsme, except I use an abbreviation of the Band Name before the date fields.

So for playing at church next Sunday, the Set List Name would be 'BCRC 2018-04-29'

This way, church set lists are filed in chronological order, newest first, under the letter B.

For the Choir I sing in, I'm playing bass for our next concert, so  it would be 'MCE 2018-05-06', appropriately filed under M.

I am bumping this to check if this function has been added since these posts.  (A way to archive old set lists would be useful for me).

Thanks!

Jeff

Jeff
I have not added this functionality yet as it's a little lower on the priority list at the moment. I definitely have not forgotten about it though - it's tracked in my bug system for the future when time allows.

Mike
(09-07-2021, 05:59 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I have not added this functionality yet as it's a little lower on the priority list at the moment. I definitely have not forgotten about it though - it's tracked in my bug system for the future when time allows.

Mike

Thanks for the quick response, Mike.

Jeff
Hello, I figure I'd check on this.  Nothing urgent.