• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSV Merge
(07-02-2019, 02:31 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Sorry for the long delay in responding Terry. I haven't really given CSV merging too much thought to be honest. I guess in some ways it's similar to the Sync Library features. I can look into this next year after the iOS version is released. If a lot of users will find this functionality useful, I can raise the priority for when it's implemented. As far as offering your assistance, do you mean with establishing the requirements and design, or do you mean with the actual coding?

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your response.  I've progressed my ideas on this subject and, while I've solved my immediate problems by directly editing your database using a simple scripted SQL stream rather than a CVS file, I believe I may be able to be of some use to you.

My thinking now is that MSP should export an API for manipulating the database and perhaps performing other tasks.  My database edits, especially adding new songs, are quite extensive and I'll need to check your schema after every database version change.  An API would present a consistent interface and remove that need and would make user code contributions much simpler; I could easily contribute the CVS merging code without touching your code for instance.  Using an API would also allow other apps to interact with MSP and I'm currently developing one that would benefit from this.  Integration into Tasker would also be possible and would bring MPS into the world of automation.

I worked in the software industry for 24 years and am now working as a musician while dabbling in software tools to make my life easier.  I'm open to collaboration and would happily assist with the design or coding if it would help get the job done. 

Kind regards,
Terry.

Messages In This Thread
CSV Merge - by tglanfield - 05-07-2019, 09:35 AM
RE: CSV Merge - by Zubersoft - 07-02-2019, 02:31 PM
RE: CSV Merge - by tglanfield - 07-02-2019, 09:41 PM
RE: CSV Merge - by Zubersoft - 07-04-2019, 03:47 PM
RE: CSV Merge - by tglanfield - 07-21-2019, 09:33 AM
RE: CSV Merge - by Zubersoft - 07-22-2019, 12:11 AM
RE: CSV Merge - by tglanfield - 07-22-2019, 07:25 AM
RE: CSV Merge - by tglanfield - 02-05-2020, 02:00 AM
RE: CSV Merge - by Zubersoft - 02-05-2020, 03:06 AM