• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user problems
Mike,

In the manual, you haven't specified the expected naming convention for files to be imported. The only reference I could find was
"The companion app tries to provide a song title based off the name of the file that has been added..." on P6
While I agree that the user shouldn't be expected to know about regular expressions when specifying the song filename format, I think that you need to at least formally specify the filename format that the importer expects.

I'm especially confused about the importer:
"Use subdirectories for metadata (Artist/Album/Genre) – If you want the batch import to fill in the artist, album, and/or genre field for you, an easy way to do this is to create several levels of folders for your files..." on P18
"Avoid Duplicate Songs – This option will prevent songs from being created in the library if a song already exists with the same name and files..." also on P18
- If I separately copy the PNG image files to the destination directory specified in Options -> Utilities -> Input Directories, what is the purpose of the "Use subdirectories for metadata..." option.
- In the jazz world, it is common to have multiple versions of the same tune (different key/instrument/vocal/instrumental, etc). Does this conflict with the option "Avoid duplicate songs..."?
- Does the importer take the specified input location, and use it to create its own library?

I'm also confused about the discussion about the three kinds of storage on P14. Shouldn't this be hidden from the user? Just allow a user to specify the location where the PNG image files are located (either on internal or external storage), and take it from there.

I don't know how to proceed from here. I'm sure it must be me, because other users posted glowing review for MobileSheets on the Google PlayStore.

Paul

Messages In This Thread
New user problems - by polomora - 04-15-2014, 06:18 AM
RE: New user problems - by Zubersoft - 04-15-2014, 02:50 PM
New user problems - by polomora - 04-15-2014, 06:56 PM
RE: New user problems - by Zubersoft - 04-16-2014, 03:11 PM
RE: New user problems - by Zubersoft - 04-22-2014, 03:50 PM
RE: New user problems - by polomora - 04-24-2014, 05:04 AM
RE: New user problems - by Zubersoft - 04-25-2014, 02:34 AM
RE: New user problems - by polomora - 04-27-2014, 02:34 AM