• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIDI Issues problems.
Photo 
Ok so I made a lot of progress, sorry for late reply but Kemper midi is not easy at all to figure out. Basically because there is so much midi in there as there are effects, controls, and what I wanted to do uses batch commands.

So in the Kemper once I got it figured out, I don't think it is really idea for what I want to do. However that's Kemper's issue nothing on MobileSheets or the Airstep. 

So the Kemper in performance mode can have 125 Performances, think of a performance as a song. Each Performance can have 5 presets. So for a typical song I might use 2. So a rythm and a lead preset. More complicated songs i might use 3-4 but typically just 2.

What I currently do is if we change up set lists or anything I put every song in the order we are going to perform it. So this way I can just switch up, next song switch up, next song switch up etc. 

However here is my problem with the kemper. The Midi is all completely preset on these locations, not on songs. So for example Performance 1 Preset 1 If I have that set for say "Turn the page". And I set that up in mobile sheets. However if I change Performance 1 to contain "Long Cool Woman" then I go to mobile sheets and open Turn the page, then Long cool woman will now come up. Just something I got to keep in mind. I should think about reorganizing things.

Then the other thing that is a little strange. Maybe it is ok but it is not exactly how I would have done it. But I am also no midi expert. Each and Every preset in each performance is a program change. Which leads to 625 program changes, which is not possible since midi only goes to 128. So I have to do a batch change. I must first send control change 32 and then the bank number followed by the program change number. I don't know I would have probably set it up to program change would change the performance and then control change to change which preset in there. There is already a control change number assigned to change between the 5 presets. 

Anyway Kemper does make this easy to find. Just go to the preset you want and hit the menu to edit it.  This shows Midi Program 120 and Bank 3, however the other dumb thing is they know your going to use midi, which begins at 0 so all of these are -1 so the real program is 119 and the bank is 2
[Image: tvpaBcU.jpg]

So this is how I have Mobilesheets set up on the song turn the page.

[Image: d0NMaXt.jpg]

[Image: v4aukoW.jpg]

[Image: SnXbCla.jpg]

[Image: RfPXVm7.jpg]

And it works Here is a the kemper changing loading the songs.

Anyway still working on this. I now need to get the kemper to send back to mobilesheets and I need to figure out how I want to organize my kemper being I can't just keep rearranging songs in order. 

Just an update still working on this. Most of my issues now are in the kemper.

Messages In This Thread
MIDI Issues problems. - by JeffsRealm - 01-02-2023, 04:57 AM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by Zubersoft - 01-02-2023, 05:21 AM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by JeffsRealm - 01-02-2023, 06:25 AM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by stephane1m - 01-25-2023, 03:21 AM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by Zubersoft - 01-02-2023, 02:21 PM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by JeffsRealm - 01-02-2023, 03:58 PM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by Zubersoft - 01-02-2023, 06:08 PM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by JeffsRealm - 01-03-2023, 10:16 AM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by Zubersoft - 01-03-2023, 11:10 AM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by JeffsRealm - 01-08-2023, 04:39 PM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by Zubersoft - 01-08-2023, 06:07 PM