• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
leading space character in Collection creates new Collection when adding song
The code was trimming the input, so that's why that behavior was occurring. I'm still going leave the trimming behavior in there when typing in values, because far too often users would leave spaces at the start or end and then complain when they had multiple instances of a specific group type, or cite issues with synchronizing due to having created multiple groups that only differed by a space. However, when picking from the auto-completion entry, I will allow honor whatever value was selected and not trim it. My preference would actually be to just always trim the names so that you couldn't enter a space when creating a new collection, but some users may be relying on that, so I won't remove it. It seems like it would be better to have a character that is easier to see though, like a period, underscore, etc. It's just far too easy for users to be confused by spaces, especially at the start.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: leading space character in Collection creates new Collection when adding song - by Zubersoft - 04-11-2023, 05:47 PM