• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloud Sync Issue
(04-30-2023, 08:54 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The issue is not what I expected - it's due to the "stamps" folder not existing under the sync folder, and the client is unable to get or create it. If you manually create a folder named "stamps" in the sync folder, that may resolve the issue entirely. I'm making changes right now to prevent this from causing the entire sync to fail though. For reference, that is the folder under which custom user stamps are placed.

Mike

Mike,

Thank you for investigating. I am pleased to report that I was able to replicate your test by creating a "stamps" folder in the cloud folder. 

On a cause/effect basis: 
  • the sync completes successfully when a "stamps" folder is present in the cloud, and 
  • the sync fails without the presence of a "stamps" folder. 
  • This solves my reported issue of being able to sync a device from a OneDrive cloud source where the user has read only permissions to the OneDrive folder (and all sub-folders/files within).

Note for anyone else reading this - I did not encounter this issue if the user syncing from the cloud had read/write permissions to the OneDrive folder - it only happened when the user syncing has read only access to the OneDrive folder. 

Mike - you may be interested to know that my library did not contain stamps, annotations, text or any custom user additions/items on the song sheets (i.e. song PDF files). The library contained only songs configured with a single PDF song sheet and related mp3/m4a music files (which is likely the most basic a use case).

I will continue testing and building my library and will let you know I find anything else or require further assistance.

Thanks again for your time an attention and for working to make changes to the code base. I work with a lot of IT vendors in the corporate world - you've actioned and resolved this issue report in a short amount of time which is impressive and much appreciated!

Messages In This Thread
Cloud Sync Issue - by phoenixone - 04-29-2023, 02:55 AM
RE: Cloud Sync Issue - by Zubersoft - 04-29-2023, 06:04 PM
RE: Cloud Sync Issue - by phoenixone - 04-30-2023, 07:18 AM
RE: Cloud Sync Issue - by Zubersoft - 04-30-2023, 08:20 AM
RE: Cloud Sync Issue - by Zubersoft - 04-30-2023, 08:54 AM
RE: Cloud Sync Issue - by phoenixone - 05-01-2023, 06:16 AM
RE: Cloud Sync Issue - by Zubersoft - 05-01-2023, 09:41 AM