• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chordpro, Transpose and Song Title Formatting
Adding the "transpose" value to the selectable fields for song title formatting is a very good idea, I support that.

With that feature I could fix a scenario that always bothered me! How could it happen that I didn't propose this earlier!
I like the possibility to transpose ChordPro files and use it frequently:
In case I play a song in two different bands in different keys I often use the same Chordpro file with different transpose settings. I use "copy song" and change the key, both the transpose setting and the "key" entry for the database in the song editor. So it's common that several copies of the song exist in my database, "key" is always filled out and displayed in all lists via song title formatting.
In case a different key is requested in a session or a rehearsal I can transpose a song easily as required. Great. So far.
But it's so easy to forget to reset the transpose value! Especially when just pushing "reset" in the transpose dialog is not the way to go, but looking up the "right" key for that song version and setting transpose correctly is necessary. And the session goes on and my concentration is everywhere else than maintaining my database ...
With the "transposed" value in song title formatting that could be handled easily.
Whenever the transposed key is different to "key" (as in RoSong's example "How Great Thou Art - C - (tr D)") the transpose value of that songs needs my attention. And I could handle it quietly at my desk at home going through the recent list of the last session or while preparing a setlist for the next gig.

I did not miss "transpose" as a field in the song editor so far and I also did not miss a possibility to reset the transpose value for several songs in one step, but that might be different for other users like e.g. RoSong.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chordpro, Transpose and Song Title Formatting - by itsme - 08-19-2023, 03:48 PM