• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Files tab ("extracting metadata")
Thanks, Mike. I wasn't clear on whether the bookmarks that I add through JDFBookmarks are considered ".PDF metadata" for the purposes of the "extracting metadata" icon. I create such bookmarks on all my music .PDFs so that the file could be used independently if desired OR could be temporarily used in MS via the Bookmarks Window that I use frequently when I haven't had time to create a full .CSV for import. I looked carefully at the Fields tab on the single song for which I had clicked the Files tab mystery icon 4 times and I don't see any new fields or entries in those fields, so I'm guessing that my own .PDF creation workflow (from the Windows "print" function through the CutePDFWriter fake printer), then adding bookmarks through JDFBookmarks is not adding the kind of metadata that you're talking about and extracting. Happy to hear that it's not very common. Perhaps publisher-produced .PDFs of sheet music have some embedded metadata but I don't have any of those to check. Thanks again.

Messages In This Thread
Files tab ("extracting metadata") - by KHS - 08-24-2023, 02:45 AM
RE: Files tab ("extracting metadata") - by KHS - 08-24-2023, 04:38 AM
RE: Files tab ("extracting metadata") - by KHS - 08-25-2023, 01:23 AM