• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIXED!!! windows 10, 20 seconds to load a song!!
(11-17-2023, 07:14 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: With chord pro files, MobileSheets loads every single chord pro file when the setlist is first loaded, so it's parsing out all of the information, laying out all the pages, etc. This means that everything will load quickly when you traverse through the setlist, but the initialization time will be longer. With the introduction of the pango markup syntax support, this has slowed down the parsing a bit, which may be more noticeable with a large number of files. There are a couple of potential workarounds - reduce the setlist size, create a temporary song and use the new page ordering UI to combine all of the chord pro files into a single PDF and load that, or only load each song individually in the setlist. I can also look into optimizations for chord pro files, but the main reason they all have to be parsed out initially is so that I can determine the total number of pages for the setlist. One potential thing I could change is I could give users the option to load chord pro files on demand, but MobileSheets would then used the cache page number (whatever was read out of the database at startup), but then would parse the file and deal with page number differences when needed (which could dynamically change the number of pages in the setlist, but this is also true if you rotate your tablet, for example).

Mike

The only reason I want the whole setlist to load, is because I use the SETLIST WINDOW a lot, so I can easily move between the songs in the setlist when performing live. Could the SETLIST WINDOW always contain the songs in the active setlist, regardless of whether "ALWAYS LOAD WHOLE SETLIST" is selected?
Another option could be, instead of using the "SETLIST WINDOW", use the "SHOW LIBRARY WINDOW", that works pretty well. The only downside is that, after selecting a song, the LIBRARY WINDOW resets its position, showing again the list from the beginning. And it does not mark the title of the song you currently viewing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: FIXED!!! windows 10, 20 seconds to load a song!! - by harristh - 11-17-2023, 06:47 PM